Festivals, furry friends and fun! Find out what all the fuss is about this spring
(Bucks County, PA, February 23, 2016) - Spring has sprung and there's no better way to shake off the winter blues than spending a beautiful day at one of these events in Bucks County! Located only 25 miles from Philadelphia and 75 miles from New York City, Bucks County's countryside is the ideal destination for a spring getaway.
Here are some of the top festivals and events taking place throughout Bucks County this spring:
1. Strawberry Festival at Peddler's Village, May 21-22 - The annual Strawberry Festival at Peddler's Village in New Hope, PA returns May 21-22. Enjoy the delicious fruit any way you want whether it be baked in pie, made into jam, dipped in chocolate or simply eaten as is! During the festival, be sure to walk through the 65 shops of the 18th-century-style village.
2. Opening Day at Sesame Place, April 30 - Sesame Place, the nation's only theme park dedicated to the television show Sesame Street®, in Langhorne, PA, opens for 2016 on April 30 and you won't want to miss the exciting lineup of events planned for this season. Rock out during the park's spring concerts featuring favorites such as Choo-Choo Soul (May 7 and 8) and The Imagination Movers (May 14 and 15). Enjoy a spectacular fireworks show on Memorial Day Weekend (May 28 and 29), as music featuring Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Cookie Monster and Count von Count fills the air. Plus, a brand new show featuring everyone's favorite furry friends will premiere in the Sesame Place® Neighborhood TheaterTM (formerly Monster Rock Theater) this season. More details on the show will be released in March.
3. Annual Spring Winery Tour, May 15 and 22 - Comprised of nine unique, family-owned wineries, the Bucks County Wine Trail is ready to celebrate the season! This two-part self-guided wine tour takes visitors through five wineries in the Southern portion of Bucks County on May 15 and four more wineries in the Northern portion of Bucks County on May 22.
4. 18th Annual Moravian Pottery & Tile Works Tile Festival, May 14-15 - Admire the splendor and individuality of the handmade historic and contemporary ceramic tiles featured at this festival from more than 50 artists, dealers and collectors. Located in Doylestown, PA, a free tour of the Tile Works - a "working history" museum built by archaeologist and art collector Henry Mercer that still produces handmade tiles today - is included with admission and rare handcrafted tiles will be available for purchase.
5. 35th Annual Shadfest 2016, April 30-May 1 - Spend a spring weekend in downtown Lambertville, NJ at the 35th Annual Shadfest. Plan your visit by booking a stay in the town of New Hope. Take a short stroll over the bridge to join the city of Lambertville in celebrating local artists with great food and entertainment.
6. 27th Annual Neshaminy State Park Civil War Reenactment, April 23-24 - Celebrate the history of Bucks County! Located in Bensalem, PA, one of the largest reenactments on the East Coast will open each day with battle reenactments and plenty of opportunities to become immersed in history. Catch a glimpse of what life was like during the Civil War during authentic live performances.
7. New Hope Celebrates Pride Week, May 15-22 - Follow the rainbow to New Hope, PA and celebrate the 13th Annual Pride Week & Parade! The area's largest Pride Parade will take place on May 21, where a mile-long rainbow flag is carried down Main Street. Also check out other great LGBT events throughout the week, including a block party and vendor fair. Stay for the weekend at one of the quaint B&Bs in and around New Hope.
8. Washington Crossing Brewfest, May 7 - Raise a glass and toast the 6th Annual Washington Crossing Brewfest in Washington Crossing, PA. Sip on some of the best-tasting beers from more than 65 breweries from around the country. All proceeds from the Brewfest benefit the park - the site where George Washington made history when he crossed the Delaware River on Christmas night in 1776.
9. 5th Annual Byers' Choice American Artisan Showcase, May 7-8 - Mother's Day is made special at the 5th Annual Byers' Choice American Artisan Showcase in Chalfont, PA. Browse through a wide selection of handmade crafts from over 70 of the most talented craftsmen in the region. While you shop, enjoy live music, and chow down on delicious gourmet food from different vendors. Also make sure to walk around the garden and appreciate the lovely weather.
10. Arts Alive!, May 21 (Rain date: May 22) - Quakertown, PA takes to the streets during the 15th Annual Arts Alive!, the area's premier adjudicated artisan and crafter event. More than 100 juried exhibitors show off their wares, along with original music acts, live alpacas, a food court and wine-tasting area, and trolley transport around town.
For a full schedule of festivals and events in Bucks County, check out VisitBucksCounty.com.
On behalf of Visit Bucks County
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The tourism office, with more than 450 tourism/hospitality partners throughout Bucks County, promotes all there is to see and do to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer travel, Visit Bucks County targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.