The Spotlight Shines on Local Wineries During a Two-Part Vineyard Excursion
(Bucks County, PA) - Sip and savor your way into spring with the Bucks County Wine Trail's annual Spring Tour. The nine wineries that make up the Wine Trail will offer guests an opportunity to explore their venues and taste the latest vintages for a packaged price. This self-guided driving tour gives visitors a behind-the-scenes look at the unique wineries of Philadelphia's countryside.
The cost for the "Southern Tour" is $35 per ticket and the cost for the "Northern Tour" is $30 per ticket. A combined ticket for both tours is available for purchase at a discounted rate of $50.
Tickets for the Bucks County Wine Trail Spring Tour can be purchased at any one of the nine member wineries or online through the Crossing Vineyards and Winery website. Reservations for both tours or for the Southern Tour only must be purchased before May 1, 2014. Reservations for the Northern Tour only must be purchased before May 15, 2014.
Bucks County Wine Trail Southern Tour- May 4, 2014
The "Southern Tour" will take place on May 4 from noon to 5 p.m. and will take guests through the five wineries located in the southern portion of Bucks County. The following wineries and local food vendors will participate:
• Buckingham Valley Vineyards will pair up with None Such Farms to offer guests a taste of fine wine matched with home grown Black Angus beef.
• Crossing Vineyards and Winery will work with Grand Cru Catering, the exclusive caterer to the winery, to bring guests a selection of seasonal wines paired with gourmet cuisine to complement each wine.
• Rose Bank Winery will team up with Just Food Catering to bring guests a sampling of their best wines and a delicious spread of hors d'oeuvres.
• Rushland Ridge Vineyards, along with Raymer's Homemade Candies, will bring guests a variety of the winery's best vintages paired with a selection of chocolates.
• Wycombe Vineyards will pair up with Andre's Wine and Cheese Shop The winery will be open for a wine tasting as well as the chance to try cheeses, balsamics and other fare.
While you're here:
Head to Peddler's Village to take part in the annual Strawberry Festival that takes place May 3-4. The popular local event serves up this fruit of spring in every way imaginable from pastries to jams to chocolate dipped strawberries and everything in between. Stay overnight at the village's on-site lodging property, the Golden Plough Inn. Or, if you love beer, as well as wine, come a day early and sample the best tasting beers from more than 65 breweries at the Washington Crossing Brewfest.
Bucks County Wine Trail Northern Tour- May 18, 2014
The "Northern Tour" will take place on May 18 from noon to 5 p.m. and will take guests through four wineries located in the northern portion of Bucks County. The following wineries and local food vendors will participate:
• New Hope Winery, along with New Hope Winery Catering, will present guests with the chance to try out the season's freshest wines with complimentary hors d'oeuvres.
• Peace Valley Winery will offer private tastings of their best seasonal reds and whites, paired with food from Tabora Farms, a local family-owned and operated vendor known for its fresh, made-from-scratch bakery items.
• Sand Castle Winery will work with TASTE to bring Spring Tour guests a selection of wines expertly paired with olive oils and balsamic vinegars.
• Unami Ridge Winery is planning to bring out their best seasonal harvests, paired up with delicious New American style cuisine from Maize Restaurant.
While you're here:
Come a day or two early and join in on the celebration during the 11th Annual New Hope Pride Week and Parade. Stop by Moravian Pottery & Tile Works after completing the Northern Tour for their annual Tile Works Festival taking place May 17-18.
Make a weekend getaway of it during either one of these tour dates and stay at one of the quaint B&Bs in the area such as 1870 Wedgwood Inn of New Hope, the Inn At Barley Sheaf Farm, or the AAA 4-Diamond lodging at the Inn at Bowman's Hill.
For more ideas on things to do in Bucks County this spring, including exploring the back roads of the countryside with a Covered Bridge Driving Tour, shopping, dining, festivals and more, check out VisitBucksCounty.com.
Contact: Jessica Lawlor
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The tourism office, with more than 450 tourism/hospitality partners throughout Bucks County, promotes all there is to see and do to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer travel, Visit Bucks County targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days