Celebrate Red, White and Blue in Bucks County, PA
Your Exclusive Guide to Bucks County’s Fourth of July Festivities
(Bucks County, PA) Light up Bucks County with your national pride by celebrating the Fourth of July holiday at various red, white and blue events throughout the county. From the beloved tradition of fireworks to unique historic experiences, Bucks County has a fun-filled week of Independence Day events for the whole family to celebrate the holiday!
Start the Celebration Early
* Kick off your patriotic celebrations at Peddler’s Village for their 9th annual Celebration of Freedom on June 30. This free event features live entertainment, children’s activities, picnic-favorites and a spectacular pyromusical fireworks display! Before you head to Peddler’s Village, stop by the 3rd Annual Car Show & Family Fun Day at Bensalem Township High School. The annual event sponsored by Rotary Club of Bensalem offers vendors, rides, games, crafts, local Fire Trucks, great food, various contests and of course, cars!
* Spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon tubing patriotically down the Delaware River. Beginning July 1, Delaware River Tubing is featuring their Freedom Float to celebrate the holiday! Pennsbury Manoris also celebrating Independence Day on July 1 by hosting a historic trades display. Spend your afternoon watching and listening as a joyner and blacksmith demonstrate their skills.
* July 2 kicks off Southampton Days Country Fair. Come out to Southampton to enjoy concerts, BINGO, food, rides, crafts and events, as well as the annual Fourth of July parade and fireworks! Travel with the kids the next day to Historic Fallsingtonfor an afternoon of history! July 3 is the kick-off of history month where every Tuesday children ages 5-11 have the opportunity to engage in exploring the historic grounds and participating in a learning experience through the featured program.
Celebrate on Fourth of July in Bucks County
* Head to Fonthill Castlefor a day-of celebration of Independence! Henry Mercer’s historic castle home is hosting an Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration featuring watermelon-eating contests, sack races, tug-o-war, a cake walk and music!
* Later, bring the kiddies to Sesame Place for a Fourth of July BBQ with their favorite furry friends and a Fourth of July Fireworks display set to Sesame Street Music!
* Get historic this Fourth of July and visit Washington Crossing Historic Parkfor a colonial-filled day. The patriotic event, complete with re-enactors, readings of the Declaration of Independence and historic trades demonstrations, is perfect for the history buff in the family. Admission for the event includes access to all three parts of the park and parking is free. Later, head to Moland House for a chance to view a direct copy of the original Declaration of Independence!
Let the Festivities Continue!
* The Fourth of July may be over, but the party isn’t! Complete your Independence Day celebration fittingly with fireworks at Friday Night Fireworks in New Hope & Lambertville on July 6! Spend the evening shopping, strolling or dining before grabbing your spot for the show that begins at 9:30 p.m. The 8-10 minute display takes place right over the Delaware River—a perfect ending to the patriotic week of celebration!
* Grab an American beer for a refreshing end to the holiday! Washington House is hosting an All American Beer tasting on July 6 in honor of Fourth of July. The event starts at 8 p.m. and features beers brewed in America.
* Celebrate in Newtown with their annual First Fourth Celebrationon July 7! The parade kicks off at 3pm followed by a block party featuring food and family-friendly fun. The night concludes with a spectacular fireworks display.
* Extend the holiday week even further by taking the family camping at two of Bucks County’s campgrounds! Over the July 6 weekend, Beaver Valley Family Campground is celebrating Independence Day by theming the weekend Red, White, & Blue Weekend. Throughout the weekend the campground will be hosting patriotic themed activities including root beer floats, hayrides, various children’s activities and a campground yard sale! Little Red Barn Campground is also hosting several Fourth of July themed activities during the weekend of July 6. Activities include kids’ red, white, and blue bingo, patriotic scavenger hunt and a family movie!
For more information on Fourth of July events and festivities , please check out VisitBucksCounty.com's Calendar of Events
Contact: Michelle Greco Falcone Jessica Lawlor
Communications Manager Communications Coordinator
Visit Bucks County Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 231 215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourist promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.