New hotels, renovations and flag changes mark an exciting time for Bucks County lodging
(Bucks County, PA) - Bucks County, PA's family of hotels is growing! In the past six months, two brand new hotels opened, several other properties changed flags and B&Bs throughout the region renovated and expanded. Located 25 miles outside Philadelphia and 75 miles from New York City, Bucks County is the perfect destination for a visit for work and pleasure. Below are seven important updates you need to know about Bucks County's lodging scene.
• Hampton Inn & Suites Bensalem (3660 Street Rd. Bensalem, PA 19020) - A brand new Hampton Inn & Suites opened in Bensalem in September 2014. The property features 101 rooms-a full 1/3 of the rooms are suites. The hotel also features a 2,806 sq. ft. ballroom, which can be divided into three individual event/meeting spaces. On-site catering services and A/V technology, perfect for meetings and seminars, are available. The hotel also features a large heated indoor pool with a patio area, fitness center with strength and cardio equipment, business center, as well as complimentary breakfast and complimentary wired and wireless high-speed internet access. Corporate and group rates are available. Gulph Creek Hotels is the property's management company.
• Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia/Bensalem (3280 Tillman Dr. Bensalem, PA 19020) - The Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia/Bensalem opened in August 2014. The four-floor property features 124 rooms and 1,200 sq. ft. of meeting space (comfortably fitting 150 meeting/event attendees). Complimentary wired and wireless Internet is available. The Bistro is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a variety of food options, as well as evening cocktail options and beverages made with Starbucks coffee. Keystone Hotel Management is the property's management company.
• Holiday Inn Bensalem (3227 Street Rd. Bensalem, PA 19020) - Recently becoming a Holiday Inn in the spring of 2014, the Holiday Inn Bensalem features 167 guest rooms in the six-floor building. When the property converted to a Holiday Inn, they did a complete remodel of the guest rooms, as well as the lobby, complete with a redesigned bar and lounge. The property also features an on-site restaurant open for breakfast and dinner.
• Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem (3499 Street Rd. Bensalem, PA 19020) - In summer 2014, this property began converting from a Holiday Inn to a Best Western Plus. The hotel has been completely renovated with a brand new lobby, a complimentary hot breakfast and updated event space. The hotel's outdoor pool is being converted to an indoor pool. The transition should be fully complete by the end of 2014. Bhoola Enterprises LLC is the property's management company.
• Doylestown Inn (18 W. State St. Doylestown, PA 18901) - Located in the heart of downtown Doylestown, the Doylestown Inn is a charming 11-room boutique hotel. Recently renovated, the property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Throughout the building's lifespan, it has housed a hattery, a cigar shop, a shoe store, a restaurant and even operated as a speakeasy during prohibition. Notable guests of the property from time's past include Henry Ford, Pearl S. Buck and James Michener. The property offers private event spaces for meetings/events for up to 100 guests. Located within the building is The Hattery Stove & Still, one of Bucks County's newest restaurants serving up a modern American tavern menu is located within the same building as the inn.
• Golden Plough Inn (2400 Street Rd. New Hope, PA 18938) -The Golden Plough Inn, located within Peddler's Village, recently renovated the Main Building of the inn, including the lobby, business center and 22 guest rooms. The rooms are intended to "feel like a well-appointed country home using hues of earth tones inspired by the Bucks County countryside." The next phase of the project includes renovating the remaining 49 guest rooms peppered throughout the Village.
• The Inn at Lambertville Station (11 Bridge St. Lambertville, NJ 08530) - The renovated Riverside Ballroom at the Lambertville Station Restaurant and Inn is now open to guests. With floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic views of the Delaware River and New Hope, PA, the venue can accommodate more than 200 people. A new, dramatic grand entrance enhances the landscape of the property and offers ample photo opportunities for weddings and special events. The renovations also made room for a serene outdoor cocktail setting on the banks of the Delaware River, an open-air ceremony venue and the grand Riverview Suite.
For more information on Bucks County hotels, please check out VisitBucksCounty.com.
Contact: Jessica Lawlor
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The tourism office, with more than 450 tourism/hospitality partners throughout Bucks County, promotes all there is to see and do to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer travel, Visit Bucks County targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.