Chill out and warm up with great lodging specials in Bucks County
(Bucks County, PA) - Whether you're stressed about the upcoming holidays or dreading the cold weather, now is the perfect time to take a relaxing weekend away. Located just 25 miles from Philadelphia and 75 miles from New York City, Bucks County is the ideal location to escape those winter blues.
• The beautiful Plumsteadville Inn wants to make sure you have a magical night with their Enchanted Evening Package. Split a delicious dinner with a loved one or catch up for a weekend with a friend. The dinner package includes one appetizer, two entrées and one dessert with your one night stay. This special is redeemable through December 31, 2014.
• There's no better way to spend a night away than at the newly-renovated Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem with their Romantic Getaway Package featuring a relaxing dinner and breakfast for two, a bottle of wine and two AMC movie tickets. Sip on a tasty wine before choosing your favorite flick to watch! This package is redeemable through December 30, 2014.
• Bring the kids along on your Bucks County getaway to Sesame Place®, the only theme park dedicated to children's television show Sesame Street®. This holiday season, the A Very Furry Christmas Getaway Package includes a minimum one-night stay in a participating Sesame Place partner hotel, two admission tickets with a second free visit to A Very Furry Christmas Event, one free hot chocolate mug, a family photo and discount admission to Shady Brook Farm's Holiday Light Show, just ten minutes away! A Very Furry Christmas is open November 22-December 31, 2014.
• Winter can be chilly but the Golden Plough Inn will warm you up with their Winter Indulgence Package! Start your cozy visit with hot apple cider as you arrive and enjoy a complimentary room upgrade (subject to availability) as well as a $50 credit for dining or spa experiences! After your relaxing night, enjoy a complimentary breakfast and an exclusive shopping passport to Peddler's Village where you can browse through 65 unique shops in this 18th-century-style village! This offer is redeemable beginning January 2 through March 31, 2015.
• 1836 Bridgeton House on the Delaware will make sure you have all you need for a fantastic weekend snuggled up by the fire with their Fireside Picnic Package. Offer includes a meal complete with salads, your choice of main course and dessert! If wine is more your style, their Wine & Roses Package includes a cellar tour and wine tasting at Sand Castle Winery and two dozen roses! These two packages are ongoing.
For more special offers this season, check out VisitBucksCounty.com.
Contact: Jessica Lawlor
Communications Manager, Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 ext. 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The tourism office, with more than 450 tourism/hospitality partners throughout Bucks County, promotes all there is to see and do to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer travel, Visit Bucks County targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.