Follow Your Heart to Bucks for an Ultimate Romantic Getaway!
(Bucks County, PA) Celebrate the season of love in beautiful Bucks County! Just 30 minutes from Philadelphia and a little over an hour from New York City, Bucks County is a perfect destination to experience the ultimate romantic getaway. Cozy up in a variety of hotels, quaint bed & breakfasts and cozy country inns and take time to indulge in an array of activities awaiting you during your visit in one of the Top 20 Sightseeing Destinations in the World!
Our lodging facilities vary in style and location, allowing guests to choose an accommodation that best suits their style. Several properties have created special romance packages for the convenience of their travelers, including;
* The Inn at Bowman’s Hill, New Hope- On Valentine’s Day experience the 4 diamond luxury getaway and relax with their romance package for just $50. Book dinner at Tastebud’s Restaurant and indulge in a complimentary home-made dessert. (2 night Minimum Stay) For those who can’t get away on the day… Celebrate Valentine’s on Sunday! Offering the $50 romance package plus a $50 discount on the room-no minimum stay- for a total discount of $125! “Voted One of the Top 10 Most Romantic Inn in the Nation!”
* Frog Hollow Farm Bed & Breakfast, Kintnersville- A Valentine’s Day Special Package in scenic Upper Bucks County! Good for a two night stay Friday- Sunday 2/13-15/09. In addition to the usual amenities of a full country breakfast, afternoon tea and baked items, a port nightcap offered fireside in our sitting room…guests will receive a bouquet of flowers, bottle of wine, locally crafted chocolates and a single stemmed rose for an additional $50!
* Holiday Inn Philadelphia Northeast, Bensalem. Our Valentine’s Day Spa Package includes overnight accommodations, breakfast for two, and a couple’s massage off property at Escape Away Spa. Transportation will be provided to and from the hotel.
* Golden Plough Inn, Peddler’s Village, Lahaska. One night accommodations with complimentary bottle of wine and flowers! Dinner for two at the Cock ‘n Bull restaurant, Continental breakfast for two at Sweet Lorraine’s Café & Bar. Package rates $295-$650 plus tax.
* Comfort Inn & Suites, Quakertown. Treat your loved one to a night of romance in a Luxurious Hot Tub Suites featuring a fireplace located by your King sized bed. Includes champagne and chocolates, bed turn down service, late checkout and complimentary deluxe continental breakfast.
* Golden Pheasant Inn on the Delaware, Erwinna. Experience Valentine’s Day on the river! Package includes a single rose at bedside, imported chocolates, bottle of French Champagne, $75 gift certificate for dinner for two at Golden Pheasant Inn and a full country breakfast. $125 package may apply to any room in addition to room fee. Package valid Friday- Saturday or Saturday-Sunday.
* Hampton Inn, Bensalem. Valentine’s Day package includes Champagne, Chocolates and Breakfast for two. Packages range from $129-$199.
* Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast, Flemington, NJ- Sweethearts will receive a single night, all inclusive “Valentine’s Sweetheart Escape Package” for the entire month of February. Package includes overnight accommodations, bottle of champagne, “sweetheart platter” of truffles & chocolate covered strawberries, dinner at Ciao Luigi, gourmet candlelit breakfast in dining room and a long stemmed rose. Cost ranges from $375-425 and are available on weekends only.
When you’re not nestled up in your room, venture outdoors to an assortment of romantic events and entertaining activities to help make your getaway even more memorable!
* Sterling Limousine in Wrightstown is offering 10% discount on charter service for Valentine’s Day- A perfect opportunity to take your sweetie out in style!
* Chaddsford Winery, Peddlers Village- Pamper yourself in February with a fusion of flavor…gourmet chocolate & fine wine pairing every Saturday & Sunday
* The Talking Teacup, Chalfont. Celebrate Valentine’s Day early with a Tea and Chocolate Night on February 7th. Enjoy an evening of decadent desserts with a selection of tasty teas from 6-8pm.
* Crossing Vineyards & Winery, Washington Crossing- There are so many romantic events- you won’t know where to begin!
o February 12th- Champagne for Lovers
o February 13th-14th- Romantic Candlelit Valentines Dinner
o February 15th- Wine and Chocolate for Lovers
* The Washington House Restaurant, Sellersville- Enjoy a special Valentine’s Day Menu including a four course meal in beautiful Sellersville!
* Sellersville Theater, Sellersville- Two spectacular shows on Valentine’s Day for a unique melodious event!
o The Bacon Brothers perform! Philly natives Kevin and Michael Bacon have written & played music together for over twenty years and have become one of the country’s hottest live bands! See them live at 6pm & 9pm!
o Peter Scott Ruben & His Band perform a special matinee Valentine’s Day Show featuring the music of Bobby Darin, Frank Sinatra, the Rat Pack & more!
* The Friends of Graeme Park, Horsham- Enjoy a Colonial Valentine Tour in the evening by candlelight at Graeme Park focusing on the life, loves and losses of Elizabeth Graeme Fergusson, the owner of the property in the late 18th century.
Don’t forget about the kids! Activities are offered throughout the month of February for kids to partake in all the fun!
* Sesame Place, Langhorne. Join your Sesame friends at Dine With Me, for Elmo’s Birthday Bash on February 7th! Event includes lunch, Elmo’s World, Live! Stage Show and a sing a long featuring Sesame Street Characters! This is a 2009 Passport Member exclusive event.
* Newtown Township Building, Newtown- On February 7th, bring your little lady to a “Pinkalicious Valentine Party!” A special party for all the little girls who love to be in pink- includes crafts, games, snacks and more!
* Crayola Factory, Easton- Bring the kids for some craft making! Create a Valentine’s Treasure Box and Create A Valentine’s Day Workshops are available in the month of February!
Contact: Michelle Greco, Public Relations Manager
Bucks County Conference & Visitors Bureau
215 639 0300 x. 231
About Bucks County Conference & Visitors Bureau (BCCVB)
The Bucks County Conference & Visitors Bureau, Inc (BCCVB) is the official tourist promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the BCCVB is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. . For more information on BCCVB activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to Philadelphia Park Racetrack). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.