‘Tis the Season to Be Jolly in Bucks County, PA
(Bucks County, PA) Every holiday season, Bucks County has plenty of events to keep the entire family entertained and put everyone in the holiday spirit. Whether you want to satisfy those cravings for sugarplums, wassail through the snow-covered countryside or just gaze at tree and lights displays, the ultimate holiday happenings are just a stone’s throw away. Incorporate these Bucks County events into your family’s traditions or start some of your own!
For a complete list of Bucks County holiday happenings, check out www.VisitBucksCounty.com/events
* Have A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place November 17th – December 31st! Bring the entire family for a one-of-a-kind holiday celebration with everyone’s favorite Sesame Street friends. The fun starts with three special Christmas shows, Old Man Winter-approved rides, music and twinkling lights all around. The street will glow with festivities and come to life at night with the illuminated Neighborhood Street Party Parade. The fun continues with a special Christmas menu and, of course, a visit with Santa.
* Experience the magic of millions of lights illuminating acres of farmland at the Holiday Light Show at Shady Brook Farm. Encounter familiar characters like the Grinch and enjoy whimsical displays of favorite ho-ho-holiday songs such as “The 12 Days of Christmas.” Open every day from November 21st through January 6th, the show is a must-see for the holiday season! For a truly special experience, take a horse-drawn hayride through the farm.
* Ride the rails with Santa, Mrs. Claus and a slew of holiday “cheermeisters” for a truly unique experience on the North Pole Express at New Hope & Ivyland Railroad! Running from November 16th through January 6th children and adults of all ages are invited to ride the special holiday train, sip hot cocoa and enjoy cookies while Santa visits with each child. Dress the kids in their pajamas and sing along to Christmas carols for a fun trip you can believe in!
* Let Jack Frost nip at your nose while you enjoy Holly Nights at Pennsbury Manor. Experience the enchantment of Pennsbury by candlelight December 6th and 7th! A community tradition for more than 25 years, this joyous feast for the senses offers crackling fires, hot-mulled cider and the merry sounds of yuletide carols being sung by a choir on the grounds. Gather your friends and family to spread the good cheer.
* With so many events, you could spend the entire holiday season at Peddler’s Village! Stroll through the winding pathways and experience the Grand Illumination, kicked off the holiday season when Santa switches on the outdoor light display on November 16th. Visit during the first weekend in December and participate in the Village’s Christmas Festival. Experience the beautifully decorated stores and see Santa arrive in a parade. Admission is FREE and there will be live entertainment and hot cider. While shopping for the perfect holiday gift, stop in to see the Gingerbread Display & Competition entries. Housed each year in the Village Gazebo, the Gingerbread House Competition features architectural masterpieces made with sugar and spice and everything nice. These visual delights will be on display November 16th through January 5th.
* From December 1- December 31, visit Fonthill Castle, Henry Mercer’s 100 year old concrete castle home, to see it transformed into a winter wonderland for the holidays with themed trees and Victorian wreaths. For a change from regular tours, visit the castle for its Holiday Meander on December 15 and wander the grounds at your own pace.
* Honor the soldiers of the Revolutionary War at Washington’s Christmas Day Crossing! Each year, Friends of Washington Crossing Park recreates the daring and heroic Crossing of the Delaware by General George Washington and his troops on the night of December 25th. During the event, visitors can watch as reenactors in Continental military dress listen to an inspiring speech by Washington and then row across the river in three replica Durham boats.
* Bucks County visitors and residents are invited to take in the spirit of the holidays at the 7th Annual Holiday TreeFest at the Bucks County Visitor Center! Santa will kick off this event on November 20th, 2012. Come in and vote for your favorite tree! While you’re there, stop in the gift shop for exclusive Bucks County presents. Last year, Visit Bucks County partnered with Byers’ Choice to create a customized Bucks County Tourist Caroler; the perfect souvenir for out-of-town friends and family! The Bucks County Tourist is available for sale at all Bucks County Visitor Centers located in Bensalem, Peddler’s Village and New Hope. TreeFest closes on January 9th, 2013.
From holiday lights displays to visits with Santa and Gingerbread House Competitions, Bucks County offers the perfect events and activities to celebrate the holiday season. Bring the whole family to welcome winter and spread the yuletide joy!
Contact: Michelle Greco Falcone Jessica Lawlor
Communications Manager Communications Coordinator
Visit Bucks County Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 231 215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourist promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.