‘Fall’ in Love with Bucks County’s Seasonal Getaway Specials
(Bucks County, PA) There’s no better time to visit Bucks County than during the picturesque fall season. Located 75 miles from New York City and 25 miles from Philadelphia, Bucks County is the perfect destination to escape the city and enjoy a peaceful countryside retreat. Whether you’re looking for romance, a girlfriend getaway, family fun or an outdoor lover’s nirvana, Bucks County has something for everyone to enjoy throughout autumn.
For a complete list of fall escapes and packages, please check out www.VisitBucksCounty.com/SpecialOffers.
• Begin your romantic fall escape sipping along the Bucks County Wine Trail. Discover seasonal wines, including Sand Castle Winery’s warm Alpine Spice Wine. For lunch, head to Earl’s Bucks County located in Lahaska to enjoy farm fresh foods. The chef perfects seasonal dishes with locally grown products.
• At night, rest your head at the Black Bass Hotel in the Raven Rock Suite. With a private balcony overlooking the Delaware River, this room is ideal for admiring the fall foliage. Book the “Dinner, Bed & Breakfast” package to enjoy a delicious breakfast for two and a full three-course dinner. Afterwards, curl up with a cup of hot apple cider and enjoy the views with your sweetheart. The package is $225 and is valid for Sunday-Thursday nights through December.
• Upgrade your girls’ getaway with the Regal Tower Suite at the luxurious Inn at Bowman’s Hill. The suite can accommodate up to four people. The Inn boasts luxury accommodations and a gourmet breakfast every morning. Visitors can take a refreshing swim in the heated pool or enjoy an in-suite massage. Surrounded by woodlands, this AAA Four Diamond B&B, set on five acres, is the perfect place to feel like a queen and enjoy the fall foliage.
• After a restful night’s sleep, shop ‘til you drop at the 18th century-style shopping village, Peddler’s Village! Spend the day meandering through the 42-acre village filled with specialty shops. Stroll down the pathways showcasing larger-than-life handmade scarecrows (September – October only) then relax at Skin ‘n Tonic spa. There are a variety of spa packages including “Queen for a Day” that includes a Perrier Jouet Champagne Facial, massage and more. Don’t depart until you and the girls try the seasonal cocktails, including their Margarita of the Day, at the newest Peddler’s Village restaurant, Buttonwood Grill.
• Gather the extended family for a Bucks County fall escape. Sesame Place’s Spooktacular Getaway package includes a minimum one night stay at a preferred hotel, a minimum of two (2) one-day tickets, 1 family photo and a day of free parking! Prices vary for each hotel. This package is valid through October 27, 2012.
• After a fun-filled day at Sesame, rise and shine and head to one of Bucks County’s local farms. Pumpkinfest at Shady Brook Farm offers hayrides and pumpkin picking. Spend some time searching for the perfect pumpkin and decorating it to look like Elmo or Big Bird. When the kids are finished, drop it off at Sesame and enjoy The Count’s Halloween Party. If that isn’t enough fall fun for the kids, check out Skip’s Candy Corner in Peddler’s Village for the best candy apples!
• Have tent, will travel. Nature is one of Bucks County’s best assets during the fall season. Connect with your surroundings at one of the county’s numerous campgrounds, such as Tohickon Family Campground or Colonial Woods Family Camping Resort. Nestled along Tohickon Creek, Tohickon Family Campground is a 64-acre wooded-and-creekside property offers more than 200 sites. A fully stocked general store, pool and a packed calendar of events make this campground a win for all to enjoy.
• Stay healthy…. in the lap of luxury at Bridgetown House on the Delaware! Book the “Bike and Picnic” package for an additional $60 to any room rate. The package includes a two hour bike rental and a picnic lunch to-go. The package is available through November 15th.
• Spend your days exploring the hundreds of trails through Bucks County’s scenic parks. Love rock climbing? High Rocks at Ralph Stover Park offers up one of the best views of the region. Complete your weekend with a relaxing drive along the Bucks County Covered Bridge Driving Tour. Discover the history and romanticism associated with covered bridges as you explore all twelve.
Michelle Greco Falcone
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 231
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.