‘Fall’ in Love with Bucks County’s Seasonal Getaways
(Bucks County, PA) Plan an autumn escape to experience the vibrant yellows, reds and oranges that burst within Bucks County’s bucolic scenery. Located only 75 miles from New York City and 25 miles from Philadelphia, Bucks County is the perfect destination to escape the city and enjoy a peaceful countryside retreat.
Discover some of the best ways to “fall” in love with leaf-peeping season in Bucks County:
* Begin your romantic fall escape sipping along the Bucks County Wine Trail. Discover seasonal wines like warm Alpine Spice, and Mulled Apple. Then, experience Bucks County’s fall foliage at new heights with the US Hot Air Balloon Team! Drift above miles and miles of breathtaking landscapes throughout the county as you soar on a picturesque adventure.
* To view the gorgeous fall foliage at ground level, take a scenic drive along River Road/Route 32. This picturesque drive runs parallel with the river and is dotted with quaint country shops along the way. At night, rest your head at the Black Bass Hotel in the Raven Rock Suite. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee on the room’s private deck overlooking the Delaware River with a fall foliage backdrop.
* Upgrade your girls’ getaway with the Regal Tower Suite – which can accommodate up to four people – at the luxurious Inn at Bowman’s Hill. Surrounded by woodlands, this AAA Four Diamond B&B, set on five acres, is the perfect place to feel like a queen and enjoy the fall foliage. Embrace your inner princess and tour a 100 year old castle. Fonthill Castle, Henry Mercer’s former home, is elaborately adorned with his tiles from ceiling to floor.
* Take in a bit of history with a leisurely fall afternoon strolling through Washington Crossing Historic Park and the newly renovated visitor center. Learn about the rich history of the park and witness events from the past. For a bird’s-eye view of the county, climb to the top of Bowman’s Hill Tower and take in 14 miles of breathtaking fall foliage.
* Shop ‘til you drop at the 18th-century-style shopping village, Peddler’s Village! Spend the day meandering through the 42-acre village filled with specialty shops. Stroll down the pathways showcasing their annual larger-than-life handmade scarecrow displays (September – October only) then relax at Skin ‘n Tonic spa. They offer a variety of spa packages, including “Queen for a Day” that features the spa’s Signature Facial, massage and more.
* Gather the kids for a Bucks County fall escape! From September 28th through October 27th, dress the kids in costume and explore Sesame Place’s Spooktacular to see the theme park decked out for Halloween. Stay the night! A handful of hotels are conveniently located minutes from the park.
* Spend a day getting ready for Halloween at a 100-year-old farm. Pumpkinfest at Shady Brook Farm offers non-stop fun including hayrides and pumpkin picking. Then, take a ride aboard the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad for the annual Fall Foliage Excursion Train. Step into a 1920s vintage passenger coach for the 2 ½ hour journey through the picturesque countryside.
* Have tent, will travel? Nature is one of Bucks County’s best assets during the fall season. Connect with your surroundings at one of the county’s numerous campgrounds, such as Colonial Woods Family Camping Resort. This five-star Woodall rated property offers offers more than 240 campsites, cabin rentals, heated swimming pool, spa and a packed calendar of events for a getaway full of fun.
* Spend your days exploring hundreds of trails through Bucks County’s scenic parks. Love rock climbing? High Rocks at Ralph Stover Park offers up one of the best views of the region. Complete your weekend with a relaxing drive along the Bucks County Covered Bridge Driving Tour. Discover the history and romanticism associated with covered bridges as you explore all twelve.
Contact: Michelle Greco Falcone Jessica Lawlor
Communications Manager Communications Coordinator
Visit Bucks County Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 231 215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.