Spend a Valentine’s Day Weekend in Philadelphia’s Countryside
(Bucks County, PA) From charming bed and breakfasts and elegant wineries to decadent meals and live music, there are countless ways to surprise that special someone with the perfect Valentine’s Day date in Bucks County, PA. Located just minutes from Philadelphia, only 75 miles from New York City and 125 miles from Baltimore, Bucks County is the perfect romantic weekend escape destination.
- Spend the weekend at the Black Bass Hotel in Lumberville for two nights of relaxing tranquility. This $495 weekend getaway includes two nights of accommodations, hot breakfast for two, tickets to the James A. Michener Art Museum and Mercer Museum in Doylestown, a full three-course meal and a one-hour spa treatment.
- Schedule an in-room massage for two and breakfast in bed with the “Gift of Love” package at the Bridgeton House on the Delaware in Upper Black Eddy. Guests will love the B&B’s custom-made robes and afternoon tea and treats. Blissful!
- Art’s Fox & Hound Bed & Breakfast is offering a “Secret Rendezvous.” Surprise your love with a couple’s Valentine basket and enjoy a gourmet breakfast.
- *Peer out your window at the Delaware River at the 1740 House in Lumberville with the “Love with a View Package.” Feast on tapas-style appetizers, entrees and desserts, and then retreat back to your luxurious room for a romantic evening.
Family Fun Outing
- Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples! Bring the kids to Sesame Place in Langhorne for “My Fuzzy Valentine’s Day Lunch” on February 11 and 12. The little ones will adore character sing-a-longs, an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet and Valentine’s Day desserts with Sesame Street’s favorite furry friends.
- If you love champagne, come and learn about the world’s most romantic wine at “Champagne for Lovers” at Crossing Vineyard and Winery in Washington Crossing on February 10.
- Love in motion! Take your Valentine for a special romantic train ride on the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad. The two-hour train ride features a four-course meal, complimentary champagne toast, a long stem red rose and box of Pierre’s delicious Swiss chocolate truffles for the ladies.
- Skip’s Candy Corner in Peddler’s Village offers chocolate-dipped strawberries, dipped apples and heart-shaped boxes to fill with your love’s favorite candies.
- For $60, Shady Brook Farm in Yardley puts together the perfect package—a dozen long stem roses, a box of gourmet chocolates and a bottle of wine from Rose Bank Winery.
* * *
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourist promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.
Join one of our online communities to enter contests and receive updated information:
Plan Your UNFORGETAWAY® http://visitbuckscounty.com
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/VisitBucksPA
Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/VisitBucksPA
Watch us on YouTube http://youtube.com/VisitBucksPA
View us on Flickr http://flickr.com/VisitBucksPA
Check-In on Foursquare http://foursquare.com/VisitBucksPA
Spot us on Foodspotting http://foodspotting.com/VisitBucksPA
Pin us on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/VisitBucksPA
Michelle Greco Falcone
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x231