From Sesame Street to the Streets of Peddler’s Village, Bucks County is Blossoming with Fun
(Bucks County, PA) The spring thaw kicks off fair and festival season in Bucks County, PA! Use Bucks County’s blossoming calendar of events to plan a getaway during the spring and summer months.
Located only 25 miles from Philadelphia and 75 miles from New York City, Bucks County’s countryside is the ideal destination for a festival-filled weekend getaway:
• Civil War Days at Peddler’s Village, April 13-14 – The Civil War comes to life at Peddler’s Village with two days of reenactments and demonstrations. Experience the soldier’s life as you walk through Union and Confederate camp throughout the 18th-century-style shopping village.
• Opening Day at Sesame Place, April 27 – It’s a festival every day when Big Bird, Elmo, and all your favorite Sesame Street characters come to life at Sesame Place. The only theme park solely dedicated to the popular children’s show, Sesame Street, opens for its 34th season on April 27.
• Strawberry Festival at Peddler’s Village, May 4-5 – Whether you like your strawberries baked in a pie or pastry, made into a jam, or dipped in chocolate, the Strawberry Festival at Peddler’s Village is the place for you. Skilled craftsmen peddle their wares and entertainers perform on the village streets of this 42-acre 18th-century-style shopping village.
• 3rd Annual Spring Winery Tour, May 5 & 19 – Take a scenic drive through Bucks County as you visit some of the area’s best wineries on the 3rd Annual Spring Tour. This two-part tour takes you to four wineries in the Northern part of the county on May 5, and five more wineries in the Southern portion of Bucks County on May 19.
• Washington Crossing Brewfest, May 11 – Sample beers from more than 60 breweries from across the country at the 3rd annual Washington Crossing Brewfest. All proceeds from the event benefit the Washington Crossing Historic Park - the site where George Washington and his troops crossed the Delaware on Christmas night in 1776.
• 10th Annual New Hope Pride Week & Parade, May 12-19 – This year marks the 10th anniversary of the annual New Hope Pride Week & Parade. The popular multi-day event is highlighted by a parade featuring a mile long rainbow flag carried down Main Street on Saturday.
• Grand Re-Opening at Pearl S. Buck House, June 26 – After eight years of restorations, the Pearl S. Buck House is celebrating its grand re-opening in 2013. The historic building was the Bucks County home to the Nobel and Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Good Earth. The celebration is planned for June 26, Pearl S. Buck’s birthday.
• Bluegrass & Blueberries at Peddler’s Village, July 13-14 – Peddler’s Village celebrates the music of Appalachia with the sweet tastes of home at the first ever Bluegrass & Blueberries Festival! Enjoy live bluegrass, folk, and country music all weekend while sampling some of the finest blueberry treats at this inaugural event.
• Peach Festival & Sidewalk Sale at Peddler’s Village, August 10-11 – Peaches, peddlers and performers are the highlights of the annual Peach Festival at Peddler’s Village. Enjoy delicious peach-filled dishes, shop for bargains at the sidewalk sales, and enjoy live musical performances throughout the 42-acre 18th-century-style shopping village.
• 56th Annual New Hope Automobile Show, August 10-11 – The annual New Hope Automobile Show is a long-standing tradition for any car aficionado. With hundreds of vehicles from the 1920’s through the 1980’s, including Chevy Corvettes, Lincoln Continentals, and even fire trucks, there’s something to get everyone’s motor running.
• 65th Middletown Grange Fair, August 14-18 – The Middletown Grange Fair celebrates 65 years in 2013 with five fun-filled days of entertainment, including musical acts, livestock shows, arts and crafts exhibits, floral and baking contests, and family-friendly rides.
Michelle Greco Falcone
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 231
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourist promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.