Top 10 Family-Friendly Ways to Get Outdoors this Summer in Bucks County, PA
(Bucks County, PA) Just because its summer, doesn’t mean the kids have to stop learning. Check out Bucks County, PA’s parks and attractions full of non-stop fun for kids that will have them bragging when school is back in session. We’ve conveniently gathered fun family activities to keep their young minds stimulated and some to earn you the “coolest parents around” award!
For a complete list of ways of family-fun activities this summer, check out www.VisitBucksCounty.com/FamilyFun
1. History textbooks come alive at Washington Crossing Historic Park, the site where George Washington and his army crossed the Delaware in 1776! This pivotal moment in our nation’s history is showcased through interpretive tours every weekend for visitors to enjoy.
2. Who can resist tubing, canoeing, rafting and kayaking down the scenic Delaware River! Float your cares away with Bucks County River Country or Delaware River Tubing, both offering a packed day of fun on the water.
3. Enjoy a horse-guided trail ride with the whole family at Haycock Stables. From novice to experienced riders, your guide will take you through the beautiful trails along Nockamixon Lake. Mounts are available for everyone in your family from seven to seventy-seven years old!
4. Pick your own crops throughout the summer at Shady Brook Farm! While you’re there, partake in ongoing festivals and events including hayrides, concerts and the dangerously delicious Uncle Dave’s Homemade Ice Cream.
5. Ringing Rocks Park is a boulder field like no other! For numerous years, scientists have been baffled with the mystery of when the 12,000-year-old rocks are struck with a hammer that produce a high pitched ringing noise. Bring your own hammer and experience your very own “Rock Concert!”
6. All Aboard! Hop on the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad’s NEW Open Air Car to enjoy the breeze and scenic surroundings with an un-obstructed view of Bucks County’s bucolic countryside.
7. Share in the spirit of imagination with your kids at Sesame Place, the only amusement park themed solely after the television show, Sesame Street! Experience their NEW Neighborhood Block Party Parade, new swing ride- Elmo’s Cloud Chaser and new character, Murray.
8. Silver Lake Nature Center, a 253-acre "natural treasure” is a place where lush foliage, accessible wetlands and rich woodlands are abound. Discover rare and threatened animal and plant species like the red belly turtle or hike along their trails or escape to the beautiful butterfly garden.
9. Bring your bike or hiking shoes and discover the miles of historical and scenic trails of Bucks County! Take advantage of the countless acres of parks with boat rentals, hiking trails, fishing and canoeing.
10. There’s so much more to do…so be sure to stop in the Bucks County Visitor Centers! While at the Bensalem location, don’t forget to stroll through the Creative Bucks County exhibit and learn all about the authors, playwrights and composers who lived and worked in Bucks County.
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourist promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or “Like” us on www.Facebook.com/VisitBucksPA or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.
Join one of our online communities to enter contests and receive updated information for all things Bucks County!
Plan Your UNFORGETAWAYsm at www.VisitBucksCounty.com
Follow us on Twitter, http://twitter.com/VisitBucksPA
Like us on Facebook, http://facebook.com/VisitBucksPA
Watch us on YouTube, http://youtube.com/VisitBucksPA
View us on Flickr, http://flickr.com/VisitBucksPA
Check-In on Foursquare http://foursquare.com/VisitBucksPA
Spot us on Foodspotting http://foodspotting.com/VisitBucksPA
Contact: Michelle Greco Falcone, Communications Manager
Visit Bucks County
Mgreco@VisitBucksCounty.com 215 639 0300 x 231