Top 10 Ways to View Fall Foliage in Bucks County, PA
(Bucks County, PA) Partake in the season of leaf-peeping as summer fades out and fall bursts in. As one of the most picturesque times of the year in Bucks County, autumn brings in colorful foliage of vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows. Located only 75 miles from New York City and Lancaster, visitors can escape the hustle and bustle of big city and experience the fall foliage with exciting airborne adventures or scenic drives through the countryside. Enjoy the country charm, gorgeous landscapes, festive activities, and all the seasonal treats the county has to offer while embarking on a journey starting with the “Top 10 Ways to View Fall Foliage in Bucks County.”
* Experience Bucks County’s fall foliage at new heights with the US Hot Air Balloon Team! Drift above miles and miles of breathtaking landscapes throughout the county as you soar on a picturesque adventure.
* To view the gorgeous fall foliage at ground level, take a scenic drive along River Road/Route 32. Stop by the eclectic bunch of restaurants and shops sprinkled along the way and enjoy the afternoon taking in the crisp autumn air with the wading sounds of the Delaware River in the background.
* For a truly remarkable trip around the fall foliage of Bucks County, embark on the charming and historic adventure of the Bucks County Covered Bridge Driving Tour. View the twelve beautiful covered bridges and marvel at their incredible authenticity and rich historic backgrounds.
* Every weekend in October, board the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad for their annual Fall Foliage Excursion Train. Step into one of their 1920s vintage passenger coaches and take a 2 ½ hour journey through the picturesque country side. Relax and enjoy the scenic autumn landscapes.
* Bring the whole family to experience fall in Bucks County at Peddler’s Village. Walk the cobblestone walkways and enjoy the 69 unique shops and wide variety of charming restaurants. Attend Scarecrow and Apple Festival to enjoy larger-than-life sized scarecrows or acres and acres of delicious apple treats.
* Spend a leisurely fall afternoon strolling through Washington Crossing Historic Park. Learn about the rich history of the park and witness events from the past. For a bird’s-eye view of the county, climb to the top of Bowman’s Hill Tower and take in 14 miles of breathtaking fall foliage.
* For a romantic weekend away, book The Raven Rock Suite at the Black Bass Hotel and enjoy the picturesque views of the Delaware River. Warm up with a cup of coffee while relaxing on the suite’s private curved deck overlooking the river and miles of fall foliage.
* Spend an afternoon biking along the Delaware Canal Towpath for an afternoon of scenic views and family fun. Stop along the way to enjoy a picnic in the park while taking in the picture-perfect sights.
* Embark on a crisp fall hiking adventure at High Rocks in Ralph Stover Park. Spend the day admiring the views from the hiking trail or rock climb to its scenic sights.
* Take a fall foliage tour by boat with the Bucks County Riverboat Company. The heated boats will leave guests feeling cozy while gliding through the Delaware River and enjoying the beautiful colors of the autumn leaves.
For a complete list of things to do in Bucks County, check out www.VisitBucksCounty.com
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourist promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit www.VisitBucksCounty.com or “Like” us on www.Facebook.com/VisitBucksPA or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.
Join one of our online communities to enter contests and receive updated information for all things Bucks County!
Plan Your UNFORGETAWAYsm at www.VisitBucksCounty.com
Follow us on Twitter, http://twitter.com/VisitBucksPA
Like us on Facebook, http://facebook.com/VisitBucksPA
Watch us on YouTube, http://youtube.com/VisitBucksPA
View us on Flickr, http://flickr.com/VisitBucksPA
Check-In on Foursquare http://foursquare.com/VisitBucksPA
Spot us on Foodspotting http://foodspotting.com/VisitBucksPA