- Sponsor: Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
- Co-Sponsor: Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
- Location: Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
- Dates: September 26, 2017
- Address: 1635 River Rd, New Hope, PA 18938
- Phone: 215.862.2924
- Time: 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- Price: Member $8, Non-member $10
- Reservations Required: Yes
Did you know home composting reduces methane emissions and helps sequester carbon—all in the space of your own backyard? And you can create a home-grown soil amendment, which will make your soil, your garden and the rest of your landscape environmentally healthier. This session explains how to compost vegetable and fruit waste from your kitchen, along with other organic waste. We will discuss compost “recipes,” how to choose or build a composter, and how to troubleshoot for any challenges that arise. A countertop collection container and easy-to-use handout—with reminders from the session and a resource list for further reading—will be provided. For ages 12 and up.
Advance registration required by Sept. 24.