Knowing Native Plants: Trees in Winter
- Sponsor: Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
- Co-Sponsor: Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
- Location: Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
- Dates: February 24, 2018
- Address: 1635 River Rd, New Hope, PA 18938
- Phone: 215.862.2924
- Time: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Price: Members $15; Non-members $20
- Reservations Required: Yes
Although trees are dormant this time of year, they exhibit many interesting botanical features to examine. Join Ed Lignowski, Ph.D., to learn how to identify native deciduous trees and shrubs when they have neither flowers nor leaves. Participants will learn to use a dichotomous keys based on characteristics of twigs, buds and bark; discover how trees are preparing for spring growth; and find out how flowing sap is used to make maple syrup.
Advance registration is recommended. Most Knowing Native Plants presentations will be followed by an outdoor tour. Professional CEUs available.