Lecture and Reception with Author Andrea Wulf
- Sponsor: Friends of Washington Crossing Park
- Co-Sponsor: Friends of Washington Crossing Park, Inc.
- Location: Washington Crossing Historic Park
- Dates: April 9, 2017
- Address: 1112 River Rd, Washington Crossing, PA 18977
- Phone: (215) 493-4076
- Time: 2:00 PM
- Price: $15 per person lecture only; $35 per person for lecture & entry into a wine and cheese reception with the author and a signed, soft-cover copy of Founding Gardeners
Washington Crossing Historic Park (PA) will host New York Times bestselling author Andrea Wulf at the park’s visitor center. Wulf will discuss her book, Founding Gardeners, which tells the story of how gardening and farming shaped the thinking of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers. The book looks at the revolutionary generation from the unique and intimate perspective of their lives as gardeners, plantsmen and farmers.
Wulf trained as a design historian at the Royal College of Art in London and is now a full-time, award-winning writer. She is the author of five books and has written for the New York Times, the Atlantic, the Wall Street Journal, the LA Times, the Sunday Times and the Guardian among many others. She frequently lectures around the world and is a three-time fellow of the International Center for Jefferson Studies at Monticello and the Eccles British Library Writer in Residence 2013.