Top Summer Festivals
Plan a sizzling summer getaway to Bucks County, PA - located only 25 miles from Philadelphia and 75 miles from New York City! Philadelphia's Northern Countryside shines in the summer months with fruity festivals, tasty wine and beer events, old-fashioned country fairs, car shows, outdoor fun and more for the entire family.
As the temperatures heat up, be sure to explore these Top Ways to Cool Off in Summer.
*Note, this information reflects the 2016 season. Check back later for 2017 events!
Strawberry Festival at Shady Brook Farm, June 4,5 & 11 - It's strawberry season, and Shady Brook Farm is celebrating with a super-fun festival that's all about the succulently sweet fruit. Take a wagon ride to the fields to pick your own strawberries at this more than a century-old, family-owned working farm and visit the playground, barnyard animals and inflatable attractions. Every Friday night through August, Shady Brook hosts their Wine Concert series where visitors can enjoy a glass from Rose Bank Winery and relax to great live music.
Bluegrass & Blueberries Festival at Peddler's Village, July 16-17 - Celebrate one of summer's favorite fruits with a weekend full of treats and swinging country music during the Bluegrass & Blueberries Festival at Peddler's Village! Enjoy live bluegrass and folk tunes, children's activities and some of the finest blueberry foods.
Annual Peach Social, August 7 - Head to the quaint town of Bristol for the Annual Peach Social, hosted by the Bristol Cultural & Historical Foundation. Bring the whole family to indulge in tasty treats, including angel food cake topped with fresh peaches and ice cream!
Peach Festival at Peddler's Village, August 13-14 - Peaches, pie-eating contests and performers are some of the highlights of the annual Peach Festival at Peddler's Village. Enjoy peach-filled dishes, shop for bargains at the sidewalk sales and enjoy live music and entertainment throughout the village.
RAISE A GLASS WITH BEER AND WINE EVENTS:
• Brews & Bites at Pennsbury Manor, June 18 - Tap into history and taste delicious food and brews for a vibrant summer night at Pennsbury Manor's Brews & Bites. Watch 17th-century brewing demonstrations, tour the 43-acre grounds and Manor House and relax along the Delaware River while sipping on ale from some of the area's top breweries.
• Upper Bucks Brewfest, August 20 - Quakertown Alive! hosts the 5th Annual Upper Bucks Brewfest featuring more than 60 craft beers from area breweries, wine, food, craft vendors, entertainment and more at the historic Quakertown Train Station.
• Fonthill Castle Beer Fest, August 27 - Toast to the end of summer with a majestic concrete castle as a backdrop at Henry Mercer's former home in Doylestown. Fonthill Castle's annual Beer Fest features live music, locally grown and prepared foods and brews made regionally, around the country and by home brewers.
• 67th Annual Tinicum Arts Festival, July 9-10 - Gather with friends and neighbors to view the works of more than 180 regional artists in a barn and underneath the trees during the Tinicum Arts Festival at Tinicum Park. Enjoy live music and savor fresh-squeezed lemonade, a tasty sandwich or home-baked desert with the kids. Discover hidden treasures to take home, choose from thousands of books or bid on a silent auction.
• 12th Annual Bucks County Quilt Show, July 16-September 30 - Browse beautiful quilts and other pieces created by Bucks County locals, and learn more about the inspiration behind each design and the individuals who crafted them during the 12th Annual Bucks County Quilt Show! This annual exhibit features more than 100 quilts hanging from 25-foot high beams displayed throughout the Bucks County Visitor Center's Main Gallery in Bensalem.
• Polish American Family Festival & Country Fair, September 3-11 - Be part of the hundreds of thousands of folks who close out summer with Kielbasa and beer at the 51st Annual Polish-American Family Festival and Country Fair at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa. Hear traditional Polish music, experience classic carnival rides and enjoy magic and dance shows.
• 67th Annual Middletown Grange Fair, August 17-21 - Become immersed in Bucks County's rich tradition of agriculture during five days of fun for the whole community at the beloved Middletown Grange Fair. Explore three large barns full of arts and crafts, view an antique tractor display, enjoy family-friendly rides, live entertainment and visit with more than 500 live farm animals.
• 23rd Annual Bucks County Garden Tour, June 4 - Join the small, but eclectic town of New Hope for a kid-friendly, self-guided tour of vibrant and private Bucks County gardens.
• Bucks Beautiful Kitchen & Garden Tour, June 12 - The Bucks Beautiful Kitchen & Garden Tour features six gorgeous properties where visitors will have a chance to see grand gardens and designer kitchens.
Start your engines! Several car shows are rolling into Bucks County this summer:
• Father's Day Car Show at the Radisson Hotel, June 19
• Quakertown Community Day and Antique Car Show, July 4
• Newtown Business Association Antique and Classic Car Show, July 10
• 59th Annual New Hope Automobile Show, August 13-14
For a full schedule of summer festivals and events, check out our Events Calendar.