SAINTS AND SINNERS
Whether your group is a little nice or a little naughty, Bucks County has a group tour that's perfect for you. Your angels can tour a pair of religious shrines and dine in an old stone church. The more devilish can take their chances at the slot machines, indulge their vices at an interactive sports bar and hear the tales of sinners past on hauntingly fun tour. No matter what, your group is sure to have a sinfully good time in Bucks County.
• Visit the National Shrine of Saint Katharine Drexel in Bensalem to pay your respects to one of America's first saints. Born in Philadelphia in 1858, Katharine Drexel was a wealthy heiress who gave up her wealth to join the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament. She was canonized in 2000, and the convent where she lived and worked now serves as her shrine, offering site tours and displaying artifacts related to St. Katharine Drexel and the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament.
• Enjoy lunch or dinner in a renovated 125-year-old church along Main Street in New Hope. Marsha Brown Restaurant offers a taste of the bayou in Bucks County, serving dishes inspired by Marsha's early life in New Orleans. The church's stained glass windows and artwork remain, making Marsha Brown a truly heavenly place.
• Established to reconnect Polish-Americans with their Catholic roots, the National Shrine of Our Lady Czestochowa in Doylestown serves as America's link to Poland's most sacred religious icon, the Black Madonna of Czestochowa. The Shrine includes a replica of the Polish chapel that houses the original relic, an exhibition hall filled with artwork and religious artifacts, and a large cafeteria with private seating for groups.
• Indulge all of your vices at PARX Casino & Racing in Bensalem. This 165,000-square-foot facility features 3,350 slot machines and more than 100 table games, including blackjack, roulette and craps. Feel like a poker pro in the spacious 60-table poker room or catch some live thoroughbred racing year-round.
• After you've had your fill of the slot machines, fill your stomach at Chickie's and Pete's. This Philadelphia institution has two locations in Bucks County, including one inside PARX Casino. Famous for their Crabfries, Chickie's and Pete's is home to the interactive play2 sports bar where you can watch the big game or play along with video gaming in your own private party rooms for up to 10 people.
• Take a haunting look at the sinners of the past with the Ghost Tours of New Hope. An expert guide will give you the hidden history behind one of America's most haunted towns, including the story of Aaron Burr, who fled to the town after his fatal duel with Alexander Hamilton.