A specialized research library dedicated to the study of American history circa 1750 to 1800. Our mission is the collection and dissemination of information, and the support of related educational programs and scholarly research.
- Credit Cards Accepted:
- Days & Hours of Operation: We are open to the public Tuesday through Saturday, 10am to 5pm, admission free. It is closed Sunday and Monday (except Monday, December 1). The Library will also close when weather limits access or causes power outages. We encourage you to call to confirm that we are open before traveling a great distance following stormy weather.
- Natl Registry of Historic Places:
- Public Restroom(s):
- Seasonal Days & Hours of Operation: Closed New Year’s Day; Presidents’ Day; Memorial Day; Independence Day Weekend; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day (also Fri & Sat after); Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. The Library will close at 3pm on Wednesday, November 26 and Wednesday, December 31.
- Description Stone Hall is a lecture hall with church pew seating, movie screen, microphone with dedicated speakers, lectern, and small dressing area with powder room. Rose Gallery is a meeting space with serving counter with wet bar and wall mounted plasma television screen for PowerPoint/DVD presentations. All rentals include use of Conference Center lobby and men’s and women’s bathrooms.
- Space Notes All events involving participation of more than 50 people are subject to surcharge of $75 for parking lot supervision and lawn maintenance. Events involving participation of more than 50 people require the client to designate participants to handle ushering duties, including the turning away of overflow crowds.
- Number of Rooms 2
The Rose Gallery
- Theater Capacity: 100
- Banquet Capacity: 56
- Reception Capacity: 135
- Theater Capacity: 125