Henry Mercer’s home, built between 1908 and 1912, is constructed entirely of hand mixed concrete, and embellished with thousands of spectacular decorative tiles. Enjoy cocktails on the balcony of the Terrace Pavilion before descending the winding staircase to dine and dance under chandeliers in the Grand White Wedding Tent nestled beside the castle. The picturesque 30 acre estate features the Terrace Pavilion, and the Grand White Wedding tent on a seasonally permanent basis. The terrace Pavilion is an intimate setting for cocktails, and the wedding tent includes heat, floor, carpeting and silk liner.
- Days & Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm (Last tour at 4pm) Sunday 12noon-5pm (Last tour at 4pm)
- Seasonal Days & Hours of Operation: Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- Credit Cards Accepted:
- Natl Registry of Historic Places:
- Public Restroom(s):
- Blue Star Museum participant:
- Industry Memberships: American Assoc. of Museums, PA Museums & Historical Organizations, Mid-Atlantic Assoc. of Museums
- Scout Programs:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Description Fonthill Castle is the perfect setting for Grand seasonal outdoor tented wedding receptions! With capacity to 200 guests with tenting (included) or intimate indoor wedding reception capacity under 40 guests year round. Gorgeous wedding ceremony sites are available as well.
- Space Notes The intimate Fonthill Terrace Pavilion is available year round for intimate small weddings under 40 guests. Seasonally, the grand white wedding tent is included for groups to 200.
- Banquet Capacity 200
- Number of Rooms 3
Tent (April - October)
- Banquet Capacity: 200
- Reception Capacity: 180
- Theater Capacity: 40
- Classroom Capacity: 20
- Banquet Capacity: 36
- Reception Capacity: 50
- Theater Capacity: 30
- Banquet Capacity: 20