The old Bucks County jail, once a place of fear and despair, was transformed into a welcoming center of culture and beauty... guarding the artistic soul of Bucks County. The James A. Michener Art Museum is home to the largest public collection of Pennsylvania Impressionist paintings, hosts nationally touring special exhibitions and showcases important regional artists. The Museum is accessible to visitors with disabilities and offers ample free parking. The museum welcomes adult group visitors by offering discounted admission rates for groups of 10 or more. Guided and Self-Guided tours are available with reservations during the museum's public hours. Small groups, with fewer than 10 people, may also request a guided tour, depending on docent availability. B
- Days & Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Friday 10am to 4:30pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday 12noon to 5pm. The Patricia D. Pfundt Sculpture Garden and Terrace close a half hour before galleries. The Patricia D. Pfundt Sculpture Garden and Terrace may be closed for special events – please call ahead for up-to-date information. The art reference library is available by appointment only. Guided tours are available by reservation.
- Seasonal Days & Hours of Operation: The museum is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Presidents' Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Credit Cards Accepted:
- Handicap Accessible:
- Merchandise sold in Bensalem Visitors Center: Pennsylvania Impressionism DVD, key Chains, drink coasters, framed prints, book, gift items and more available at the Visitor Center.
- Booking Notes: Please reserve a group visit date three weeks in advance.
- Payment Policy: Discounted admission rates for groups of 10 or more. Discounts available for veterans with military ID.
- Description The Michener is a welcoming center of culture and beauty providing a dramatic and elegant setting to entertain guests, clients and employees. During your celebration you and your guests may stroll through our galleries. Formal tours of the galleries can be arranged for your event with one of our experienced docents. Audio-visual equipment is available upon request. Specified discounts are available to non-profit organizations, individual members and business partners.
- Largest Room 2500
- Total Sq. Ft. 10600
- Space Notes The Michener is completely accessible, air-conditioned and offers ample free parking.
- Number of Rooms 4
Edgar N. Putman Event Pavilion
- Total Sq. Ft.: 2500
- Theater Capacity: 300
- Banquet Capacity: 180
Grand Entrance Hall
- Reception Capacity: 150
Patricia D. Pfundt Sculpture Garden Terrace
- Banquet Capacity: 160
- Reception Capacity: 200
Penn Color Board Room
- Banquet Capacity: 26
- Reception Capacity: 50