When the family purchased the home in 1884, they set about turning the existing structure into a fashionable, modern house. Remodeled in the Queen-Anne style that combined modern conveniences and the technological innovations of the day along with a nostalgic styling that recalled an earlier, less industrial time. Rooms are appointed as if the family just stepped out for the afternoon.
- Days & Hours of Operation: April – December. Tuesday - Thursday & Saturday: Tours at 1:15pm and 2:30pm. Tours begin and end in the adjacent Grundy Library. Other times by appointment. Free guided tours of the Museum for groups of eight or more persons are by appointment only and reservations must be made in advance.
- Seasonal Days & Hours of Operation: January – March the Grundy Museum is by appointment only. Closed Major Holidays.
- Natl Registry of Historic Places:
- Public Restroom(s):
- Booking Notes: First floor only is handicapped accessible. Bathrooms are located in adjacent Library
- Guided Tour - Min/Max Size: 48 in 2 groups of 24 each
- Motorcoach Group Greeter:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Children Welcome: Yes