Among the largest museums in the United States, with a collection of more than 227,000 works of art and more than 200 galleries presenting painting, sculpture, works on paper, photography, decorative arts, textiles, and architectural settings from Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the United States. Group rates (minimum of 15 people) must be booked at least one month in advance. Guided tours last approximately one hour. Complimentary admission for the collections is provided for the bus driver and one escort.
- Credit Cards Accepted:
- Days & Hours of Operation: Tuesday–Sunday 10am–5pm; Wednesday & Friday Main building open until 8:45pm. Closed Monday except for some holidays.
- Education Program:
- Gift Shop:
- Handicap Accessible:
- Industry Memberships: ABA, NTA, RSAA, PBA
- Natl Registry of Historic Places:
- Number of Stores: 4
- Public Restroom(s):
- Scout Programs:
- Seasonal Days & Hours of Operation: Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and the 4th of July. Open normal hours on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day and Columbus Day.
Guided Tour for Groups:
- Description Three unique venues. Chose an intimate garden party at the Rodin Museum, contemporary bash in the Ruth and Raymond G. Perelman Building or an elegant and classical event in the Main Building.
- Space Notes We regret the Museum is unavailable for: Events for minors (under 18- i.e. children’s birthday parties, bar/bat mitzvahs, or proms), Political fundraising events (with exceptions for the U.S. Presidential and Vice Presidential level), Commercial or religious programs.
- Number of Rooms 3