AN APPLE A DAY NEVER TASTED SO GOOD
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but we say it's also delicious, too! Bucks County's restaurants are serving up unique apple dishes to please your palate. Whether inside puffed pastries, stuffed in French toast or layered atop a succulent pork chop, you can enjoy an apple at every meal. Some of these dishes are staple items, but others are seasonal. We recommend checking when you visit since many places change their menus often.
- The farmers market at Shady Brook Farm offers everything from fresh produce and dairy to delicious desserts and baked goods, like the apple walnut pie. With the addition of walnuts, this gourmet pie is better than grandma's.
- Best known for their Italian favorites, Maggio's in Southampton offers decadent desserts like the Caramel Apple Granny. Caramel and toffee custard mix with granny smith apples in a shortbread crust in this tasty treat, which is served with vanilla ice cream.
- If you're looking for something fresh and light this fall, try Caleb's American Kitchen's Baby Arugula salad with crunchy apples and candied walnuts.
- For more than 20 years, Skip's Candy Corner has offered delicious homemade chocolate treats to visitors in Peddler's Village. Skip's specialties include whole Gourmet Apples dipped in your choice of chocolate and toppings like pecans, M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Sit down to a spot of tea at the Talking Teacup and enjoy an array of delightful sandwiches and desserts. Try the Cheddar Cheese with Apple Butter Tea Sandwich, paired perfectly with one of the Talking Teacup's gourmet tea flavors.
- A favorite stop of President Grover Cleveland, the Black Bass Hotel has been serving Bucks County for more than 250 years. When it's chilly this season, the Warm Stilton Blue Cheese Tart with green apple and toasted walnuts will be just what you need!
- The Golden Eagle Diner offers unique ways to get your daily dose of apples anytime. If you're in the mood for breakfast, try the apple stuffed French toast. For lunch or dinner, the Vermonter Sandwich features two slices of cinnamon bread piled high with turkey, sliced apples, cheddar cheese and honey aioli.
- Pork just tastes better with apples which is why Spinnerstown Hotel serves their Pork Porterhouse with sweet potato mushroom sage griddle cakes and crunchy granny smith apple slaw. If sandwiches are more your taste, their Vermont Sandwich featuring chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese and the granny smith slaw on a warm croissant is sure to hit the spot!