DINNER BY THE FIRE
There's nothing quite like a hot meal by a crackling fireplace to warm you up during those cold winter months. This old-fashioned comfort can be found throughout Bucks County. Some of the area's top restaurants offer fireside seating to give diners that warm, cozy feeling of home.
- Dinner is served among the shadows of history at Washington Crossing Inn. The Inn sits just steps away from the spot where General George Washington led his troops on a daring midnight crossing of the Delaware River in 1776. With a menu that changes with the seasons, guests are sure to enjoy the season's best as they dine in front of the old stone fireplace.
- Bask in the glow of the fire as you enjoy a fine dining experience at the Golden Pheasant Inn. The historic inn sits along the Delaware River about 20 minutes north of New Hope in the small town of Erwinna. All of the food is locally sourced, including the roasted pheasant breast, served with collard greens, smashed potatoes and lingonberry sauce.
- Listen to the cozy sounds of a crackling large stone fireplace at the Bridgetown Mill House as you dine on an Escargot Crepe with mushrooms in a truffle scented garlic sauce. Or try the Blackened Swordfish Herbed Risotto sauteed with spinach and lime agave aioli.
- Dine in an elegant Victorian Mansion at Bella Tori at the Mansion, a Langhorne favorite for fine Italian cuisine. In addition to its dinner menu, Bella Tori also serves Sunday brunch and every Friday night is BYO wine night with live classical guitar music. And you can enjoy it all at your own fireside table for two.
- Across the Delaware River from New Hope, the Lambertville Station Restaurant offers fireside dining in the small New Jersey town of Lambertville. The chic Wine Cellar, set in the bottom of floor of the former railroad station, offers fireside seating with a large wine selection and a special menu of artisan cheeses, tapas and chocolates.
- Feel the warmth of the fireplace as you enjoy American continental cuisine served at the historic Logan Inn, the first inn of New Hope. Sip on wine take your pick of a wide variety of entrees including grilled meats, seafood, pasta, vegetarian and daily specials.
- Enjoy fireside dining in the elegant yet relaxed ambiance of warmth and beauty in the more than 300-year-old Stockton Inn! Seating by the fire is offered during the colder months in the Mural Dining Rooms, the original living quarters used by the Stockton and Howell families throughout the 1700s and early 19th century while they ran the Howell Ferry crossing the Delaware River.