GAME SET MATCH: TENNIS TOURNEYS
Known as “The Game of Kings,” tennis is one of the most popular recreational sports in the country, and Bucks County has more than 300 courts to host tournaments large and small. The county’s many parks and dedicated tennis centers are available to help make your next tournament a success. Here are a few of the facilities best equipped to handle your tournament needs.
• Located along the shores of Lake Luxembourg, Core Creek Park has eight clay tennis courts along Woodbourne Road on the park's eastern edge. Core Creek Park's excellent tennis facilities were recently recognized by the United States Tennis Association's 2013 Facility Awards Program.
• Working to grow the sport in the county, the Bucks County Tennis Association works with the USTA to bring sanctioned tournaments and events to Bucks County. The Tennis Association serves as a community resource and helps promote the game within the county.
• Frosty Hollow Tennis Center is one of the premier tennis facilities in Bucks County. Its ten clay courts, six with lights, sit on 95 acres of park land in Levittown. Players can also take advantage of the Center’s practice court. Frosty Hollow offers ample parking and is handicap accessible.
• The Sportsplex, a 100,000 square-foot climate-controlled indoor sports facility in Feasterville, PA, recently retrofitted 22,000 square feet of their space to install three full-sized indoor tennis courts. With 16 outdoor tennis courts, eight of which are clay, that brings the total number of tennis courts to 19.
• Doylestown is home to War Memorial Park, conveniently set within walking distance of the downtown shopping district. The park is located just off of State Street on the western edge of town and has six courts, restrooms and parking for more than 100 cars.
• Set between Newtown and Doylestown, the Northampton Township Recreation Center Complex is home to four lighted courts. Ample parking is available and there are restrooms on site.
• In Doylestown Township, Central Park has five state-of-the-art courts, each with coin operated lighting available. The facility has plenty of parking and sits just south of the Route 202 and 611 intersections.
• With four lighted courts and parking for more than 100 cars, Lower Makefield Community Park is an excellent fit for any tennis tournament. The park is conveniently located just minutes from Interstate 95 and the Newtown Bypass.