- All Things to Do
- Attractions & Tours
- Arts & Culture
- Aviation/Hot Air Balloons
- Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Casino & Racing
- Outdoor Recreation
- Religious Shrines & Churches
- Special Offers
AN ARTFUL BUCKS COUNTY ESCAPE
Bucks County's picturesque countryside has been inspiring artists for centuries, from Edward Hicks's Peaceable Kingdom to the art colony in New Hope. That creative tradition is alive and well, and a new generation of artists are on display throughout Philadelphia's northern countryside. Come feed your artful addiction at one of Bucks County's great galleries.
• See the work of some of Bucks County's most talented artists at the Bucks County Visitor Center in Bensalem. Paintings, drawings, sketches, photographs and more are featured in a rotating display in the Visitor Center theatre. Click here to view the full exhibit schedule.
• As the name implies, Canal Frame - Crafts Gallery is the perfect place to pick up a framed piece of Bucks County art. Stop in any time to see some great works by local artists, or come for one of the gallery's special exhibits, like the annual Holiday Small Works Show, held every November through December.
• Celebrating a 10th anniversary in 2014, the Artists of Yardley helps foster the talents of Bucks County artists. Visit the AOY Art Center to view their rotating exhibits, including their annual Photography and Skilled Crafts Show in February or the annual Juried Show each April.• Bucks County Community College is home to Hicks Art Gallery, one of the premier galleries in the county. In addition to student and faculty works, the gallery features local artists and organizations, including the Arts & Cultural Council which hosts its annual "Show Some HeART" exhibit every February.
• Take a walk through the sculpture garden at Steven Snyder Cedar Maze. For more than three decades, Steven Snyder has been creating amazing stone sculptures, and twice a year he opens up his home and studio, Cedar Maze, to the public. Come in May for the annual Spring Art Show or stop by during the Sweet Edge Sculpture Tour in September.
• Bucks County's best impressionist art is always on display at the Silverman Gallery. Four local artists, each with their own take on the classic impressionist style, exhibit their work at the Silverman Gallery in solo and group exhibits.
• Featuring the work of modern expressionist painter Al Lachman, the Lachman Gallery at Peddler's Village showcases the best from six decades of work. The Gallery also features the work of other talented American artists and crafters.
• The town of New Hope has a long history of fostering creative minds, and the New Hope Arts Center carries on that tradition today. The Arts Center hosts a variety of exhibitions throughout the year, including dedicated shows for sculpture and woodworking.