- All Things to Do
- Attractions & Tours
- Arts & Culture
- Aviation/Hot Air Balloons
- Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Casino & Racing
- Outdoor Recreation
- Religious Shrines & Churches
- Special Offers
Dog Days in
National Dog Day is August 26 and it's the perfect day to celebrate your favorite four-legged friend! Let man's best friend roam free through Bucks County's off-leash dog parks or head to a pet-friendly restaurant for a tasty treat. Show your dog he's part of the family by giving him a day full of adventures, laughs and barks. Treat every day like its National Dog Day at some of the region's best dog-approved attractions.
• From hiking to biking to picnicking, you and your favorite furry friend will have an amazing day at Peace Valley Park. Wander through Peace Valley's vast 1,500 acres and discover your new favorite spot with your pup. Play fetch in a grassy field or have a splash in the park's expansive Lake Galena.
• If you and your dog are up for a day full of trails and charming views, then the Delaware Canal Towpath is a must-visit on National Dog Day. Once home to working mule barges, it's now a perfect place for man's best friend. You'll both flip for the gorgeous scenery along the 60 mile stretch of towpath beside the flowing Delaware River. Remember to bring your pup's favorite treats for a snack along the way.
• A dog is an important member of the family, so bring him along when you stay at Colonial Woods Family Camping Resort in Upper Black Eddy. While there's a lot for your dog to enjoy at this campground, there's also plenty of things for you to enjoy as well. Experience the great outdoors with your favorite pal by the pool, spacious wooded sites or even during an outdoor movie!
• Set Fido free for a few hours of fun at the Core Creek Off-leash Dog Park. Let your canine companion stretch his legs and play with some of the other friendly dogs. What better way to show your pooch appreciation and love?
• Bring your dogs to M.O.M.'s.; Maxwell's On Main in Doylestown to enjoy some al-fresco dining on a nice spring or summer day. Relax along the sidewalk dining scene as you sip on craft beer and food. You and your pooch will appreciate the weather, the food and each other's company!
• Your four-legged friend will wag his tails when you take him to the Black Bass Hotel Restaurant where you'll have a breathtaking view of the Delaware River. Dine on appetizing entrees paired perfectly with tasty drinks while your pup relaxes in the lap of luxury on the restaurant's River Deck.
• Both you and your dog will feel refreshed by the summer breeze blowing by while you feast along the Outdoor Patio at the Bridgetown Mill House Restaurant. The views of the green, luscious grounds of this B&B are the perfect backdrop for a relaxing meal with man's best friend.
• Bring your bud to Triumph Brewery in New Hope to relax on the outdoor patio seating with a house-brewed craft beer. Slip your pup a snack or two from the table and admire the view as the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad train cars head out of the station.