- Outdoor Recreation
- Religious Shrines & Churches
- Special Offers
Stroll through and be enthralled by the splendor of the gardens in Bucks County. From natural wildflower preserves to a beautifully landscaped Italian inspired garden, Bucks County can satisfy everyone's green thumb. Reconnect with nature as you are surrounded by the shrubbery and flora at one of these amazing gardens.
• Visit the place where mind, heart and spirit bloom at Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve. The 134-acre preserve features over 800 species of native plants. There is always something in bloom at Bowman's Hill. Stroll along the nature trails or relax in the woodlands or by the pond. Bowman's Hill offers educational programs for adults and children and is perfect for a calming experience among the wonders of nature.
• The beautifully manicured gardens at Byers' Choice Emporium in Chalfont provide a stark contrast to the eternal winter inside. Visitors to the Caroler® workshop can stroll through the English sunken garden and the view garden's many sculptures and beautiful bushes, flowers and trees.
• Brought to life in the early 1930s, the formal Tyler Gardens at Bucks County Community College was created to host extravagant gatherings at the home Tyler family. Now open to the public under the operations of BCCC, this four-tiered garden inspired by French and Italian design sits on an acre of land and features a large variety of flowers and shrubbery, stone walls, staircases and a gazebo. See beautiful water fountains and bronze sculptures created by Stella Elkins Tyler that are still on display.
• Explore the extensive gardens of the Greek revival style mansion, Andalusia. Tours of the tranquil gardens are by appointment and are sure to be an unforgettable experience. Take in the picturesque views of the Delaware River while viewing spectacular flowers, trees and plants in the graperies, the green walk and the pool pavilion gardens.
• Remember and honor victims of the tragedy of September 11th at the 9/11 Memorial Garden of Reflection. Journey through the "After Darkness...Light" outdoor exhibit with remnant of the Twin Towers, the names of the victims etched in glass and, at the center of the garden, two towering fountains. The new Oak Garden is the first phase of a new arboretum at the park, one that will add even more meaning to an already emotional experience.
• Take a stroll through the gardens at Peddler's Village. This 18th century-inspired shopping village features landscaped gardens throughout the 42-acre property, including a traditional Dutch style tulip garden the brings the entire village to life when it blooms in spring.
• A major exhibitor in the Philadelphia Flower Show for eight years, Hortulus Farm Nursery & Garden Center in Wrightstown is "where history and horticulture meet" and is a haven for some of the rarest and most unusual species of flowers. Wander the 100-acre farm, explore the immaculate gardens, stroll along the idyllic ponds and experience the rich history of horticulture at the museum and library.
• The unmistakable scent of lavender calls visitors to the Peace Valley Lavender Farm. Explore the gift shop for unique lavender-inspired gift ideas, including bath and body lotions, culinary products and potpourri. Come between June and July to feast your eyes on the never-ending lavender fields while they are in full bloom. The alluring aroma and the beauty of the flower-filled farmland is sure to take your breath away.
• Every Spring, the Bucks County Designer House and Gardens is a sight to behold. This year's project house is Villa d'Braccia, a 7,800 square-foot Mediterranean-styled villa on four acres in Chalfont. More than 30 Bucks County designers team up to create unique rooms and distinct landscapes that are sure to inspire.