- All Things to Do
- Attractions & Tours
- Arts & Culture
- Aviation/Hot Air Balloons
- Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Libraries & Learning Centers
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Outdoor Recreation
- Religious Shrines & Churches
Looking for something fun to do indoors? Take a walk through a concrete castle, catch a show at a historic theater or turn the kids loose on a three-story obstacle course. No matter what you choose, you can enjoy the great indoors without missing out on all the fun Bucks County has to offer!
FOR THE HISTORIAN:
• Transport yourself to early America when you walk through the Mercer Museum, a six-story concrete castle home to more than 40,000 artifacts from America's industrial past. A Conestoga wagon, horse-drawn carriage and antique fire engine are among the many items uniquely displayed in alcoves, suspended above the atrium and even attached to the ceiling!
• Take a tour through Fonthill Castle, Henry Mercer's palatial Doylestown home. This National Historic Landmark is made up of more than 40 rooms, with 18 fireplaces to keep you warm while you admire the original handcrafted tiles that adorn the ceilings.
• Explore Bucks County's artistic side with a trip to the James A. Michener Art Museum. This museum exhibits the largest public collection of Pennsylvania Impressionist paintings, hosts nationally touring special exhibitions and showcases area artists like Bucks County designer-craftsman Paul Evans, whose sculpted metal furniture will be on display beginning March 1.
FOR THE KIDS:
• Let the kids burn off their excess energy at Giggleberry Fair in Peddler's Village. Let them climb to the top of Giggleberry Mountain, a three-story indoor obstacle course, and enjoy a kid-friendly meal at the Painted Pony Café. Don't forget to take a ride on the vintage 1920s carousel!
• Create lasting memories with your children or grandchildren as they explore interactive and educational exhibits at the Bucks County Children's Museum. The smiles will never stop as visitors can dig for buried treasure, ride in a hot air balloon or even design and build a race car!
• Feel like you're flying high when you soar at Sky Zone Trampoline Park in Levittown. The fun-filled facility offers open jump, fitness classes, Ultimate Dodgeball and the Foam Zone for kids of any age, shape or size!
FOR THE COUPLE:
• Snuggle up together at the Bucks County Playhouse while you enjoy a show at one of America's most beloved theaters. Grace Kelly, Robert Redford and Liza Minnelli are among the many top stars that have taken the stage at this New Hope landmark in its 75-year history.
• Relax together with a soothing massage at national award-winning day spa Skin 'N Tonic. Open seven days a week, the experienced and friendly team at Skin ‘N Tonic will help you relax and unwind using organic and environmentally-friendly products.
• Travel together along the Bucks County Wine Trail for a true taste of Bucks County. Nine family-owned wineries make up the trail, each one offering a variety of unique flavors to please every palate.
FOR THE FOODIE:
• Looking for something on the sweet side? No matter the time of year, it's never too cold for ice cream! Support Bucks County's local farms and stop by oWowCow Creamery for some handmade ice cream. Using only locally sourced and organic ingredients, oWowCow offers fresh takes on traditional vanilla and chocolate with experimental flavors you won't find anywhere else.
• Let your taste buds experience fresh, natural and local ingredients at the Golden Pheasant Inn. Nestled between the Delaware River and the canal, this 1857 fieldstone inn creates the perfect atmosphere for a romantic dinner or Sunday brunch.
• Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Delaware River while you dine on gourmet European-style cuisine at the Black Bass Hotel. The river deck is the perfect place to take in the view of the Delaware while without having to step outside. Pair their signature dish, the Charleston Meeting Street Crab, with a refreshing bottle of wine for the perfect night out.