Presented with SLEEPY HOLLOW HAYRIDE, the HOUSE IN THE…More »
As this year comes to an end and another New Year is upon us, it's time to celebrate one last time before the ball drops and the calendars turn the page. Bucks County attractions, inns and restaurants are serving up specials and entertainment to ring in the New Year the right way. We have listed some of best spots to spend your New Year's Eve.
*Note, these listings are a sampling of events from 2013. Information on 2014 events will be posted as it becomes available so be sure to bookmark this page and check back before making your New Year's Eve plans.
• Help The Count and all his furry friends count down to the New Year at Sesame Place for The Count's Countdown to New Year's Celebration. Make a reservation to enjoy your last meal of 2013 with the Sesame Street characters and stay for the New Year's Eve Fireworks that will light the sky with red, green and blue at 6:20 p.m.
• Watch as fireworks light up the sky over Tyler State Park as part of the Newtown First Night celebration. This family-friendly event, sponsored in part by the Newtown Business Association, features live music, entertainment, food and kids activities from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. at Council Rock High School North. Then at 10:15 p.m., watch as fireworks explode in the night.
• Enjoy New Year's Eve at the historic Logan Inn. Dance 2013 away with the jazzy vocals and keyboards of the Dave Dales Trio. Count down as the ball drops on the big screen TV's, pop champagne and enjoy hors d'oeuvres at midnight.
• Treat yourself to a getaway this New Year at the 1836 Bridgeton House on the Delaware. Spend two nights during the holiday week of December 26 through January 2 and enjoy a champagne brunch and late check-out with the "Holidays in the Country" package.
• Dinner, dessert and some fun await you at the Golden Plough Inn's New Year's Eve Murder Mystery Package. The package includes overnight accommodations and two tickets to the Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre. The tickets include a house salad, entrée, dessert and New Year's breakfast. Spend your New Year's Day strolling through Peddler's Village.
• Enjoy an evening of dinner, laughs and murder this New Year's Eve at Fisher's Tudor House Murder Mystery Dinner. Travel to Victorian London to help Sherlock Holmes solve the disappearance of Ebeneezer Scrooge. Tickets are just $79.99.
• PARX Casino & Racing is throwing a New Year's Eve Swingin' Soiree at 360 Nightclub to kick off 2014. Enjoy entertainment by Bigg Romeo and Fish Out of Water and be sure to dress in your best flapper attire for this 1920s-themed event. Advanced tickets are $25. If the Roaring 20s aren't your thing, head to Chickie's and Pete's for a night of dancing, games and great food. Gather up your friends and upgrade to a VIP package, which gives groups of six or more access to a private PLAY2 box or suite, private viewing of the Times Square celebration and a complimentary bottle of champagne, all for $100 per person.
• The Raven has a line-up of festivities to celebrate the New Year. The $95 price includes a four-course dinner with a midnight champagne toast, followed by a continental breakfast at 1 a.m. Enjoy some soothing music at the piano bar or dance the night away to the rockin' DJ.
• Stay at either the Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites in Warrington this New Year's Eve to celebrate with champagne, hats and noisemakers, late check-out and extended times for their complimentary buffet breakfast.
• Party into 2014 at the Washington Crossing Inn. Enjoy a buffet dinner in the ballroom from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. while listening to the classic rock stylings of Big Chill. The expansive buffet includes prime rib, roasted chicken and decadent desserts like bananas foster.
• Celebrate this holiday with a stay at the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia Bucks County Hotel. Enjoy a New Year's Eve dinner in the elegantly appointed Ballroom, say "Cheers!" to 2014 with a champagne toast at midnight and dance into the New Year with the DJ. Take advantage of late check-out on Wednesday morning and enjoy a special brunch buffet for two. This all-inclusive package is just $299 per couple.
• Ring in the new year by rocking the night away at Maggio's Ballroom at Hampton Square. Dance the night away as the DJ plays some of the best dance songs of all-time. Enjoy a buffet dinner, then raise a champagne toast at midnight. Coffee and pastries will be served after the clock strikes 12. Tickets are $60 in advance, $70 at the door.
• Courtyard by Marriott in Langhorne is offering family-friendly fun this New year's eve. Kids can make arts and crafts and watch movies at the Courtyard's New Year's Eve Extravaganza. Best of all, every child in attendance will receive a free gift! Special $99 room rates are also available.
• Celebrate 2014's arrival with a ballroom bash at the Bucks Club. For $65 a person, guests can enjoy a four-course seated dinner with a cash bar available until 1 a.m. For those who just want to enjoy live entertainment and dance the night away, there is a $20 cover charge after 9 p.m.
• Enjoy the delicious offerings on the special New Year's Eve menu at Bella Tori at the Mansion while listening to the soothing sounds of classical guitar.
• Jazz guitarist Lou Pompilio will serenade you during your meal at the Brick Tavern Inn. The special New Year's menu includes prime rib, filet mignon, salmon and more.
• The Golden Pheasant Inn is offering a pair of special menus for New Year's Eve guests. The ala carte menu features favorites like roast pheasant and sauteed halibut, while the four-course prix fixe menu includes shrimp, chicken breast, fresh fish and venison chops.
• New Year's Eve dinner at the Washington House includes five course: hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, salad, dessert and entrees like lobster ravioli and black pepper and coffee rubbed hanger steak. A complimentary glass of champagne is included with your prix fixe dinner.
• Start your New Year's festivities with dinner at the Black Bass Hotel. Choose from a special menu of Black Bass favorites, and cuddle up beside a fire pit on the riverside deck. Stay the night and continue the celebration with a special brunch on New Year's Day.
• Caleb's American Kitchen is offering a four-course prix fix New Year's Eve dinner. Located along Route 202 in Lahaska, Caleb's is offering entrees like petit fliet and scallopcak, roasted chicken breast and a mix grill trio for $60 per person.
• Enjoy a six-course feast this New Year's Eve at the Indian Rock Inn. For $150 per couple, enjoy hors d'oeuvres, soup, salad, appetizers, entrees (all served with potatoes or rice and fresh vegetables) and dessert.
• Grammy-nominated pianist Michael Ford will be performing at the Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm for the 8:30 p.m. dinner seating. Dinner includes a six-course meal and champagne toast at midnight.
Visit Bucks County will continue to update this list as new events are announced. Check back often for the latest New Year's Eve updates.
Stay up to date on all the latest events and happenings in Bucks County. E-mail Communications@VisitBucksCounty.com to receive periodic updates from the tourism office.
Photo courtesy of Sesame Place
Photo courtesy of Peddler's Village
Photo courtesy of Washington Crossing Inn
Photo courtesy of Sesame Place