- All Things to Do
- Attractions & Tours
- Arts & Culture
- Aviation/Hot Air Balloons
- Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Casino & Racing
- Outdoor Recreation
- Religious Shrines & Churches
- Special Offers
PICK-YOUR-OWN FUN IN BUCKS COUNTY
Straight from the farm and right to your kitchen table, many of Bucks County's farms and orchards allow you to pick-your-own fruits, veggies and more. Whether you're looking for a way to support local farms, want to get some nutritious treats or just need a fun activity to do with family and friends, head out to these spots to see what's in season for you to harvest!
• For more than 100 years, the Fleming family has been building a local legacy in Shady Brook Farm. In addition to their fun family events, Shady Brook Farm grows acres of pick-your-own-crops that you can enjoy year-round! Their offerings include apples in August through October, blueberries and blackberries in July and August, peaches in August and September, pumpkins in September and October, and strawberries in May and June. Stop by the Farm Market for your basket then head out to the fields. No matter when you go, the fun is always in season!
• Tabora Farm and Orchard is a family-owned and operated farm where you can enjoy u-pick fruits and vegetables, family festivals, goodies from their from-scratch bakery, a full-service deli, homemade ice cream, farm animals and even a huge sandbox! Stroll through the orchards in the spring when the peach and cherry trees are in bloom, return in July for blueberry picking, followed by the apples in late summer through the fall. When you're done harvesting, pick up one of their unique gift baskets, like Java Junkie for coffee lovers or Chocolate Lovers' for those with a sweet tooth!
• Calling all lavender-lovers! Just across the street from Peace Valley Park is the beautiful Peace Valley Lavender Farm. Visitors are invited to pick their own lavender from the field in peak season, June and July, or grab some of the lavender goodies from their on-site gift shop, open year-round. With items like perfume, dish soap, pillow spray, and more, it's a purple paradise!
• In addition to making delicious wines, Peace Valley Winery also invites guests to come and pick their own fruits and veggies. Strawberries come into season in May with blackberries and vegetables following in mid-July. After you're done picking, head into the winery to sample one of their famous wines!
• Located in New Hope, Solebury Orchards is known for their high quality fruit and picturesque country setting, and picking your own fruit is the perfect way to enjoy the scenery. In the summer months, they offer blueberries, blackberries, cherries and flowers. Return in the fall to pick through apples of many different varieties. During weekends in September, October and the first weekend of November, there are wagon rides through the orchards to make your apple picking experience even better. You can also wade through the cutting garden to pick the waist high flowers growing there and make a gorgeous bouquet for someone special!
• The motto over at Styer Orchard in Langhorne is "our garden is your garden!" The orchard's owners invite you to come and pick-your-own fruits and vegetables from among their many acres. Their offerings include strawberries in late spring and early summer, plums in July, apricots in late June, peaches in July through September, apples in August through November, and nectarines in July and August. With new crops every year, you're guaranteed to find something you'll love!
• Hellerick's Family Farm in Doylestown is family-owned and operated with the perfect small-town feel. Here you can pick ripe strawberries in the summer, take a wagon out to pick pumpkins in the fall, and enjoy seasonal celebrations. Looking for an especially unique experience? During pumpkin picking season, bring your flashlights to hunt for the perfect pumpkins at night!
• On Saturdays and Sundays in October, take a trip to None Such Farm in Buckingham for their annual Pumpkin Festival. After you head out to the field to find the perfect pumpkin, enjoy plenty of fun family activities like a hayride, pony rides, a petting zoo, a straw bale maze, and more! Enjoy some great food and delicious apple cider to round out a great day at the farm!