- Galleries & Studios
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Outdoor Recreation
- Special Offers
When you need to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city, Bucks County is just around the corner. Philadelphia's northern countryside is a great place to relax and spend an afternoon away from the noise of Center City. So leave the distractions behind and come to Bucks County for some much needed peace and relaxation.
• Art lovers cannot miss a trip to the James A. Michener Art Museum in Doylestown. The museum's permanent collection includes works by Bucks County natives and America's finest painters, including a large gallery of Pennsylvania Impressionist paintings.
• Surround yourself with the serenity of Bucks County scenery while taking the Covered Bridge Driving Tour. Adventure-goers and photographers are welcome to make a long loop through the calm countryside on some of the county's picturesque backroads as you drive through Bucks County's 12 remaining covered bridges.
• Follow in the footsteps of history at Washington Crossing Historic Park. Site of George Washington's famous midnight crossing of the Delaware River, the park occupies more than 500 peaceful acres along the river, but for real serenity, climb to the top of Bowman's Hill Tower and admire the countryside from the highest point in Bucks County.
• Stop for a moment to pay your respects to those who were killed on September 11, 2001 at the 9-11 Memorial Garden of Reflection. The garden stands as a tribute to the Bucks County residents who lost their lives in the attack. Fragments from the World Trade Center, twin fountains and a monument with the victims' names etched in glass are among the powerfully moving tributes at the site.
• Stroll through nature's paths in the meadows at the Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve. This 134-acre preserve is home to nearly 800 species of native wildflowers. Enjoy and meander your way through the endless blooming colors of these beautious flowers.
• Sit back and watch the scenery roll by on a ride aboard the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad. This 45-minute round-trip takes you through some of Bucks County's most scenic spots on the road from New Hope to Lahaska and back. The railroad is a great way to experience Bucks County while allowing you some time for quiet reflection.
• Have yourself a relaxing weekend among the 18-hole public golf course in the "Heart of Bucks County." Enjoy nature and a leisurely game of golf at the Neshaminy Valley Golf Club. Feel like professional in this relaxing atmosphere!
• Float among the clouds during a Balloon Ride by US Hot Air Balloon Team. Admire the aerial views unlike no other as you appreciate this enchanted experience. Combine exhilaration with tranquility as you relish in the breathtaking ride in the sky.
• Buckle down and follow the Bucks County Wine Trail to find rich traditions behind these carefully crafted wines. The beautiful views of rolling hills and vineyards will be sure to delight any tour-goer.