- Covered Bridges
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Free Things To Do
RAINY DAY GUIDE
Visiting on a rainy day? No worries! Bucks County is full of indoor fun for the young and young at heart. Spend a day with the arts in Doylestown, kid-friendly fun in New Hope or unleash your inner child in Lower Bucks County:
AN ARTSY DAY IN DOYLESTOWN
• Explore the Mercer Mile in Doylestown! View where Henry Mercer created his famous decorative tiles at Moravian Pottery & Tile Works. Artisans at this living history museum still produce tiles and mosaics in the style of Mercer’s original designs.
• Next door you can tour Fonthill Castle, Mercer’s 44-room concrete castle that houses his personal collection of tiles and prints.
• Then head to the Mercer Museum, housing Mercer's extensive collection of Americana artifacts. More than 50,000 pieces are displayed from floor to ceiling in this one-of-a-kind destination.
• Finally, catch a movie at County Theater, a 75-year-old art deco theater specializing in independent, art and foreign films.
KID-FRIENDLY FUN IN NEW HOPE
• Afterward, let the little ones explore and learn at the Bucks County Children’s Museum. Kids can build their own race car, “ride” in a hot air balloon or dig for buried treasure.
• For a relaxing end to the day, catch a kid-approved performance at the Bucks County Playhouse, a historic landmark in the theater community.
RELEASE YOUR INNER CHILD
• Just down the street, Brunswick Zone XL offers 48 bowling lanes, six billiards tables and the Lazer Zone Arena where everyone can feel young at heart.
• More grown-up fun awaits at PARX Casino. This adult playground in Bensalem has more than 3,500 slot machines, 120 table games and 60 poker tables. Grab dinner at one of the casino’s seven restaurants, and party into the night at 360.
• For just about any age, shape or size, Sky Zone Levittown offers the ultimate 3-D play experience! The world's first trampoline park, Sky Zone provides open jump SkySlam courts, fitness classes, Ultimate Dodgeball and the Foam Zone.
• Gear up for more than 12,000 square feet of adventure at Doylestown Rock Gym & Adventure Center, the only indoor rock climbing facility in Bucks County! Suitable for rock climbers of all ages and abilities, the Doylestown Rock Gym includes overhangs, boulders, aretes, chimneys, cave and cracks and lead walls.