- Covered Bridges
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Free Things To Do
SATURDAY WITH MOM
Looking to catch up and have a fun and relaxing mother-daughter day? Bucks County offers endless opportunities for the two of you to explore and spend some quality time together. Afternoon tea, shopping and museums are just a few ideas for mother and daughter bonding.
ARTS AND CULTURE
• Start your day with a trip to the Byers' Choice Emporium in Chalfont. It's the holiday season all year round at Byers' Choice, home of the famous Carolers®. Watch as a team artisans crafts these classic collectibles. Stroll through an indoor Victorian village and take a walk through the outdoor sculpture gardens.
• Enjoy an afternoon tea at the Talking Teacup. Relax and enjoy a variety of teas and homemade sandwiches with delicious desserts. Dine inside the restored 18th century farmhouse or enjoy your meal on the enclosed porch, surrounded by the beautiful gardens.
• Browse the galleries at the James A. Michener Art Museum in Doylestown. The museum houses a large collection of Pennsylvania Impressionist paintings and works from prominent Bucks County artists like George Nakashima, who has an entire room dedicated to his unique furniture style.
• Sample a variety of vintages from Peace Valley Winery. Taste test a wide range of seasonal wines, including Strawberry Passion, Summer Solstice, Blackberry and Spiced Apple at one of nine wineries on the Bucks County Wine Trail.
• Make your reservations for dinner at the Washington House in Sellersville. Enjoy seasonal menus with options like rack of lamb, braised duck and seafood specialties.
• End your day with a concert at the historic Sellersville Theater. Some of America's top touring acts have graced the stage in Sellersville with musical styles ranging from R&B and jazz to country and folk. Those interested in history can take a nine-station guided tour through the more than 200-year-old restaurant.
• Spend the morning strolling the cobblestone streets of Peddler's Village. This 18th-century-inspired shopping mecca has 65 unique stores and boutiques set on 42 acres of landscaped gardens.
• Enjoy lunch at one of Peddler's Village's great restaurants. Earl's New American offers fresh, farm-to-table meals with excellent lunch options like panini's, seafood, salads and more.
• Schedule some afternoon relaxation time at Skin 'n Tonic, a tranquil spa. Pamper yourself with a soothing massage, facial or one of the spa's other relaxing treatments in a peaceful environment.
• After recharging at the spa, hit the stores at the nearby Penn's Purchase Factory Stores. Shop some of the world's top brands at discounted prices.
• Spend some time window shopping along Main Street in New Hope. This vibrant downtown is home to many unique, independent businesses. Try on the latest fashions at Savioni Designer Boutique or pick up the perfect home accent piece at Heart of the Home.
• Sit down to some down home cooking at Marsha Brown Restaurant. Set in a renovated stone church, Marsha Brown brings the flavors of New Orleans to Bucks County, offering Creole specialties like eggplant Ophelia and gumbo ya ya.
• Catch a performance at the historic Bucks County Playhouse. Many greats of stage and screen, including Grace Kelly, Liza Minnelli and Robert Redford, have graced the Playhouse stage in its 75-year history. Don't miss a chance to see tomorrow's stars at "America's Most Famous Summer Theater."