- All Things to Do
- Attractions & Tours
- Arts & Culture
- Aviation/Hot Air Balloons
- Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Casino & Racing
- Outdoor Recreation
- Religious Shrines & Churches
- Special Offers
TOP 9 WAYS TO GET SPOOKED IN BUCKS COUNTY
Ghosts, ghouls and goblins! Prepare for a hair-raising Halloween season in Bucks County with bewitching attractions. Come face-to-face with historic apparitions and brave your way through heart-racing haunted houses. Stay alert and beware, for Bucks County has nine sure-fire ways to get you scared.
Note: This information reflects the 2016 Season. Check back later for information on 2017 events!
1. Step foot onto Malfate Manor for a house tour of horrors at Midnight Productions' House in the Hollow in Newtown! The property boasts 17 chilling rooms, a creepy crypt and cemetery. Through the end of October, test your bravery at the Field of Fright and hold tight to your loved ones on the Haunted Hayride; you never know what is coming around the corner!
2. Experience fear like you've never felt it before at the Valley of Fear in Feasterville! Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for ghoulish figures. Travel through the dark forest on the Haunted Hayride, watch your nightmares come to life with ScaryTales and escape contamination in the Zombie Escape Maze. Valley of Fear is open for screams and scares through the beginning of November.
3. Discover New Hope after dark on a Ghost Tour of New Hope. This lantern-led tour reveals the historically haunting tales of this quaint borough. Stay on your toes and beware of the Phantom Hitchhiker and floating figure of the late Aaron Burr. Begin the tour at the corner of Main and Ferry Streets and let your unfamiliar moonlit journey begin. Tours are available on Saturdays from June until the third weekend in November; in September and October, tours meet every Friday and Saturday night!
4. Embrace the wacky characters and lively sounds of The Rocky Horror Show movie October 21 through 30 at the Bucks County Playhouse. Follow Brad and Janet's stormy journey into the chaotic world of Rocky Horror and friends. The Playhouse has been providing visitors with quality entertainment for more than 70 years, and the tradition continues with this cult classic.
5. Walk along the hauntingly exciting halls of the Mercer Museum! Discover the unsettling folklore and mysterious history of this six-story castle. Inspect archaeologist Henry Mercer's chilling artifacts including a hearse, gallows and a mystical "witch" doctor's cane.
6. Travel through the 18th century village of Historic Fallsington on October 23 for a chilling Spirits of the Past Tour. Be exposed to the Village's eerie tales dating back to 1693 coupled with lurking spirits along the way. With connections to William Penn and General George Washington, there is more than meets the eye at Historic Fallsington!
7. Sesame Place is celebrating Halloween all October long at The Count's Halloween Spooktacular and you are invited! Bring the kids and dress to impress for this not-too spooky Halloween celebration with all of your favorite characters! Get comfy on the character hayride, travel through two winding mazes and attend three Halloween spectacles!
8. Shady Brook Farm is providing visitors with the ultimate Halloween fun at Fall Fest! Attend PumpkinFest through Halloween for creative pumpkin carving, a giant corn maze, live entertainment and more. Looking for a dash of frightening excitement? Stick around for HorrorFest! Walk through the cryptic Barn of Horror, experience the destructive fields at Carnage, travel through the unsettling woods on the Hayride of Horror and come face-to-face with towering extraterrestrials at the 3-D Alien Encounter.
9. Hop aboard New Hope & Ivyland Railroad throughout the month of October for their spooky Trick or Treat Train Rides. Bring the kids to ride aboard dressed in their favorite Halloween costumes to make the train a scary sight. Trick or treat around the New Hope train station for more surprises! Looking for some haunted thrills? Riders ages 13 and over can board the Halloween Train... if you dare.