3 Wellness Weekends to Ring in the New Year
The New Year brings a time to reflect and focus on self-improvement for the future. With a clean slate, there is never a better time to welcome new lifestyle habits. Focus on your physical health, mental well-being and diet as we ring in the New Year.
Weekend One: Weekend Warrior
- Morning: It’s time to kick things into high gear. Grab your pass and take a weekend class at Central Bucks CrossFit in Warminster. Sip on some cold pressed juices or take a shot of goodness at Doc Baker’s Farmulations before heading back to freshen up.
- Lunch: After freshening up, head over to Blue Sage Vegetarian Grille for a perfect post-workout meal. From their healthy options such as their Cobb blue salad and delicious Cubanos, there are plenty of nourishing options to choose from.
- Afternoon: Once you’ve recharged, make your way over to Tyler State Park. With more than 20 miles of trails to choose from, there are plenty of circuits to run on such as Neshaminy Trail near the creek. If you have a competitive spirit, the park also offers disc golf.
- Dinner: Now that you’ve hiked up a storm, it’s a perfect opportunity to explore the healthy options in Newtown. Café Con Leche serves up delicious and fresh meals including a variety of options for vegan and gluten-free diets. Options ranging from Cajun tilapia, to their vegan mole burrito, include plenty of protein to end the day.
- Breakfast: Begin the day with a hearty breakfast at the The Hattery Stove & Still. Sip a cappuccino and indulge in their Huevos Racheros topped with avocado.
- Mid-Day: Saddle up and prepare for an exciting and adventurous hour of lessons at Lakeside Equestrian Stable. Sign up for a three lesson special for beginners or a private lesson for one hour. Each lesson will teach you the basics in how to care for horses as well as an introduction into one of two riding disciplines: English or Western.
- Lunch: Freshen up before the last stop of the weekend: Vecchia Osteria. This restaurant offers fresh Italian food such as caprese and cavatelli con broccoli to dine on.
- To walk it off, stroll through Newtown and reward yourself for a healthy start to the New Year.
Weekend Two: Group Fitness Goals
- Morning: Grab some friends and drop in for a pilates class at Flip Dog Pilates. Choose between the reformer bed class and a mat with props class. Improve your strength, flexibility and balance with the motivation from the experienced instructors.
- Lunch: After class, it is time to refuel. One great place to dine at is Jule’s Thin Crust Pizza in Doylestown. With organic and seasonal ingredients, there is no way you would feel guilty after this meal.
- Afternoon: Head over to the Mercer Museum. Walk through the halls as you tour the castle that now houses more than 40,000 artifacts from the Industrial Revolution. Henry Mercer's former home, Fonthill Castle, is another great stop to admire the beautiful architecture and tile works.
- Dinner: Genevieve’s Kitchen, which offers New American cuisine with Italian influence, is a delicious option for dinner. Sit around the table with friends and toast to a healthier lifestyle this year.
- Breakfast: Start your day at The Zen Den, a chic coffee boutique. While you're there enjoy the atmosphere and local art.
- Morning: Join Pure Barre in Doylestown shortly after for an energizing morning to improve flexibility and tone. Their workshops have specific themes such as focusing on thighs or advanced technique which are perfect for a variety of levels.
- Lunch: Head over to Boccadito for some tapas and small plates. Sample some delicious tacos or salmon sliders before exploring the surrounding area.
- Afternoon: Visit Buckingham Valley Vineyards & Winery for a charming wine-tasting. Let the antioxidants from the wine work their magic as you relax and begin the year with some new classes under your belt and memories shared with friends.
Weekend Three: Fresh Cleanse
- Morning: The New Year calls for a detox of the mind and body. Begin your day with a hot yoga class at Bikram Yoga Doylestown. Or become one with nature at the High Rock Vista, Ralph Stover State Park in nearby Pipersville.
- Lunch: Now that you’ve sweated up a storm it’s time to replenish at Freshii in New Hope. Detox with some juice and a healthy wrap.
- Afternoon: Take in the sights with a bike tour with Encore Rides. Their packages include wine, beer and historical tours.
- Dinner: If you still have room for food, indulge in some healthy vegetarian fare at the Sprig & Vine in New Hope. Their menu offers a variety of vegan and vegetarian meals with local farm-to-table ingredients.
- Morning: Begin your day with a mindful meditation at the Treehouse at Cornerstone Club in New Hope.
- Brunch: After you find yourself centered, a delicious brunch awaits at the Blue Moose Café. There are plenty of protein-packed options from salads to omelets to treat yourself to.
- Afternoon: After all these activities, it’s time to relax and unwind with a day at Skin 'n Tonic. Massage away your stress and start the work week off refreshed.