DRIVEABLE HONEYMOON DESTINATIONS
With more than 40 charming B&Bs, Bucks County is the ideal countryside honeymoon destination. Situated on sprawling farms, off-country roads and small-town landscapes, Bucks County provides the perfect setting for time "away from it all" with your loved one.
BED & BREAKFASTS
• Experience riverfront views and serene settings at 1740 House, a 24-room bed & breakfast nestled along the Delaware River just six miles north of New Hope. Spend the day lazing on your private balcony or head to New Hope to discover art galleries, quirky shops and breathtaking views.
• Located on the banks of the Delaware River, the luxurious 1836 Bridgeton House combines French country charm with American simplicity. Enjoy their "Skip Lunch" breakfast fireside or on their peaceful riverside terraces in warmer months.
• Escape to the Golden Plough Inn located within the 18th-century-style shopping destination,Peddler's Village. Stroll hand-in-hand down the winding pathways of this 42-acre village and enjoy the quaint scenery of six on-site restaurants and 70 shops including a spa, winery and an old-fashioned candy store.
• The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm provides the ultimate romantic sanctuary with 16 luxury suites in its historic manor house, cottage and barn. Indulge in luxury and surround yourself with a 100-acre pasture and woodland views, swimming pool, miniature horses, flower gardens, pond and walking paths. Fun tip: You'll be only steps away from where the US Hot Air Balloon Team launches their hot air balloon rides.
• Considered by many to be the most luxurious bed & breakfast in Bucks County, The Inn at Bowman's Hill provides the ideal setting for a romantic retreat. Laze by the heated pool, sip a glass of wine on the vineyard terrace and soak up the beauty that surrounds this AAA Four-Diamond five-acre manicured estate, which was named "Top 10 Most Romantic Inns in America" by ILoveInns.com.
• Set just outside the lively streets of New Hope, Ash Mill Farm Bed & Breakfast is a 10-acre working sheep farm featuring five Manor House guest rooms and two separate guest cottages. Many of the rooms offer breathtaking views of the sheep pasture or opportunities to feed the sheep from your porch.
THINGS TO DO
While honeymooning in Bucks County, cuddle up on a scenic driving tour, sip sweet wines, shop and explore history throughout the county's stunning rolling hills.
• Follow the map and sip sweet wines through the picturesque Bucks County Wine Trail. Enjoy the seasonal varieties of nine family-owned wineries located in the beautiful countryside.
• Hop in the car and cozy up for a scenic drive on the Covered Bridge Tour. Step back in time and coast through 12 remaining 19th century covered bridges ranging from 56 feet to 150 feet long.
• History and culture lovers will find it all in Doylestown with an impressive belt of attractions known as the Mercer Mile. Comprised of the Fonthill Museum, the Mercer Museum and the Moravian Pottery & Tile Works, these three concrete structures celebrate the life, works and collections of Henry Chapman Mercer.
• Check out Bucks County's hidden gems by browsing through its eclectic shops, boutiques and antiques with a unique shopping trip. Newtown has been described by Yahoo! Travel as one of the coolest small towns in the nation. The county seat of Bucks County, Doylestown offers exceptional dining options and one-of-a-kind pieces of American history. From a professional theater to ethnic festivals, Bristol has plenty of treasures waiting to be discovered. Home to eclectic riverside dining and cultural attractions, New Hope is a small town with a big city feel.
• Be sure to take a ride on the New Hope Ivyland Railroad while exploring New Hope. Ride The Grapevine Express for a romantic getaway and relax as you are served wine and cheese in a beautifully restored parlor car while enjoying the sights and sounds of a steam engine through the historic countryside of Bucks County.