PLACES TO POP THE QUESTION
Aside from your wedding day, the most romantic moment of your life is the time you drop to one knee and ask your sweetheart to spend the rest of their life with you. If you're looking to take your proposal to the next level, Bucks County can help set the stage for a moment both of you will remember the rest of your lives.
• Propose to your loved one high above the ground on a sunset hot air balloon ride with Balloon Rides Daily. The sun setting amongst the picturesque countryside of Bucks County will be a breathtaking view that you and your partner will cherish forever when you think back to this moment. Afterwards, spend the night at The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm B&B, where the balloon departs from, for a romantic evening to celebrate your engagement. Enjoy their spa treatments, walking paths and gardens during your stay.
• Whisk your loved one away to an evening getaway in Bucks County. To start the day, explore the quaint streets of New Hope. For dinner, eat at Tastebuds, a fabulous restaurant with dishes like garlic-roasted pork tenderloin with raspberry glaze and pan-roasted red snapper. Spend the night in The Penthouse at the Bridgeton House on the Delaware. This luxurious suite includes a king size bed, wood-burning fireplace and grand bathtub. Propose to your loved one over breakfast in bed or on your private patio overlooking the Delaware River for a simple, yet thoughtful engagement.
• Your fiancée will feel on top of the world with an engagement at the top of Bowman's Hill Tower. Located on the grounds of Washington Crossing Historic Park, Bowman's Tower offers the best view in Bucks County. From the top of the 125-foot tall tower you see a sweeping view of the Delaware River Valley. After experiencing the breathtaking view, you will really take your love's breath away by dropping to one knee and popping the question.
• Plan a weekend getaway around your proposal with an engagement package from The Inn at Bowman's Hill, a luxurious B&B just outside downtown New Hope. Take your fiancée-to-be out for a romantic dinner and let the staff prepare everything for that magical moment. The Orchid Conservancy, a year-round tropical paradise provides a romantic backdrop with candles, music, champagne and roses waiting for you on your arrival.
• Make your love feel like royalty by proposing in the shadow of Fonthill Castle. Henry Mercer's palatial concrete castle provides the perfect backdrop for popping the question. The nearby Mercer Museum, a concrete castle filled with his remarkable collection of more than 40,000 early American artifacts, also offers a regal setting for the big moment.
• The wineries along the Bucks County Wine Trail offer countless romantic ways to pop the question. Take a tour of Sand Castle Winery and propose in the vineyards at the foot of the namesake castle, ask your loved one's hand in the candlelit barrel room at Crossing Vineyards, or take that next step while out on patio overlooking the sheep pasture at Rose Bank Winery. Be sure to toast to your future with a bottle of Bucks County wine. These same picturesque wineries are also ideal locations for your wedding or reception.
• The scenic beauty of Bucks County is the perfect backdrop for your engagement. Drop to one knee on the docks of Lake Luxembourg in Core Creek Park or Lake Nockamixon in Nockamixon State Park. Schofield Ford Covered Bridge in Tyler State Park, one of 12 remaining "kissing bridges" in Bucks County, also offers a beautiful and historic backdrop for your special moment. Looking for a rush? Pop the question at the base of the tallest waterfall in the county, located in Ringing Rocks Park.
• Pop the question while strolling through one of Bucks County's beautiful gardens until you feel the right moment to propose. The manicured gardens, pristine ponds and winding streams of Hortulus Farm Garden and Nursery offers plenty of picturesque places to pop the question. Tyler Gardens features a variety of flowers and shrubbery, stone walls, staircases and a gazebo. The stunning 134-acres of Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve features more than 800 species of native plants.
• Paddle down the winding Delaware River with your future fiancée on a canoe with Bucks County River Country. Popping the question surrounded by nature will make your partner feel like they're in a scene from a movie, an amazing way to start your future together.