Building on the Dream: From Africa to Bucks County
- Sponsor: Pearl S. Buck House & Historic Site
- Co-Sponsor: Pearl S. Buck House & Historic Site
- Location: Pearl S. Buck House & Historic Site
- Dates: February 4, 2019 - December 20, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Address: 520 Dublin Rd, Perkasie, PA 18944
- Time: Mon - Fri 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM; Sat 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM; Sun 12 Noon to 4:00 PM
Building on the Dream: From Africa to Bucks County pays tribute to the lives, culture, accomplishments and contributions of African Americans in Bucks County from their origins in Africa through the 21st century.
Highlights of the exhibit include:
- A timeline of events in African American history in Pennsylvania, including a memorial list of African Americans who were registered as slaves in Bucks County in the 18th and 19th centuries;
- The history of the Underground Railroad in Bucks County and the role of Bucks County AME churches in helping African Americans transition from slavery to freedom;
- Display of African artifacts and African American quilts;
- Information on notable 20th-century African Americans of Bucks County, and more.
This exhibit was developed in collaboration with the African American Museum of Bucks County and is made possible by the generous support of Visit Bucks County.