Christmas in the Castle
- Sponsor: Bryn Athyn Historic District
- Location: Glencairn Museum
- Dates: November 26, 2021 - January 30, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Address: Glencairn Museum, 1001 Cathedral Road, Bryn Athyn, PA 19009
- Phone: (267) 502-2600
- Time: Weekdays 1:30 and 2:30 pm Weekends 1:00, 1:30, and 2:30 pm
- Price: $15 Adults, $12 Seniors/Students, Free for Museum Members/Children 4 and under
For forty years (1940s to 1970s) the Raymond and Mildred Pitcairn family celebrated Christmas at Glencairn with a concert, a large three-part Nativity scene, a decorated tree that reached beyond the second-floor balcony, and a Christmas day meal. This 45-minute guided tour with stops on five different floors (including the tower) invites visitors to journey back through time to explore Pitcairn holiday traditions in their 20th-century castle. This year the tour features significant examples of Nativity art in the Glencairn collection with a special emphasis on artwork created by the artists who worked at Glencairn. At the conclusion of the tour, visitors can enjoy the first floor and the World Nativities exhibition on their own.
Visit GlencairnMuseum.org or call 267.502.2600 when planning your visit.