Dinner on the Canal: Black History on the Canal
- Sponsor: Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor Alliance
- Co-Sponsor: Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor
- Location: Hugh Moore Park
- Dates: September 7, 2019
- Address: 2750 Hugh Moore Park Rd, Easton, Easton, PA 18042
- Phone: (610) 923-3548
- Time: 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM
- Price: $55 per person
- Reservations Required: Yes
Join the D&L and the Easton Chapter of the NAACP aboard the Josiah White II for an exploration of the experiences of African Americans on our region’s canals – as laborers, fleeing slavery on the Underground Railroad, to the story of Captain Jimmy Brown, one of the last of the canal boatmen. Our soul food-inspired menu from Culinary Experts will be accompanied by the smooth sound of jazz duo Patrick & Carol Poladian. 10% of the evening’s proceeds will benefit the Easton Chapter.
This will be a 2 1/2 hour cruise with a lift-lock experience. BYOB wine and beer.
Dinner Cruises not suitable for children under the age of 10.