Washington Crossing the Delaware Reenactment
- Sponsor: Washington Crossing Historic Park
- Location: Washington Crossing Historic Park
- Dates: December 11, 2022
- Address: 1112 River Rd, Washington Crossing, PA 18977
- Phone: (215) 493-4076
- Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: $8 for adults, $4 for children ages 5-11, free for children younger than 5. Family rate (2 adults and 2 children) is $20.
Each December, thousands gather on the banks of the Delaware River to watch the reenactment of George Washington's daring 1776 Christmas night river crossing. During the event, several hundred reenactors in Continental military dress listen to an inspiring speech by General Washington and then row across the river in replica Durham boats.
The December 11 crossing is the first of two reenactments (actual crossing time is approximately 1 PM) - the second takes place on Christmas Day.
During the first reenactment, special colonial-era activities and demonstrations throughout the park's historic village provide families with a full day of fun and learning. These activities are not offered on Christmas Day.
River crossings are contingent upon safe conditions for participants. However, even if conditions do not allow for crossing, ceremonies, speeches and commemorative activities still occur.