- Sweet Spots
- Top 10 Ways to View Fall Foliage
- Bucks County Driving Tours
AN ECO-FRIENDLY BUCKS COUNTY ESCAPE
Going green has never been so much fun! Get outside and experience the best that Bucks County has to offer in the world of the eco-friendly, from solar-powered farmers markets to organic spas! Whether you have an hour or a whole weekend, your friends are sure to be green with envy.
• It's a locavore paradise at Earl's New American in Peddler's Village. Dine on elegant American cuisine with a local, seasonal farm-to-table focus. Enjoy traditional entrees or try something new off their tapas style small plates menu. This famous Bucks County eatery has something to please everyone from carnivores, to vegetarians and even kids.
• For an organic Bucks County dining experience, the Green Parrot in Newtown serves only organic, grass-fed beef and the freshest seafood, all cooked in a wood-fired oven that helps reduce fossil fuel dependence.
• Clear your mind in the soothing atmosphere of the Zen Den. Check out local art while sipping on fair trade and certified Earth-conscious coffee or one of their 32 varieties of 100% organic and pesticide-free teas.
- Crossing Vineyards & Winery
• Indulge guilt-free in a bottle of wine from Crossing Vineyards and Winery in Washington Crossing. The vineyard utilizes solar power and has installed a high-efficiency geothermal heating and cooling system in one of its buildings to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. This eco-friendly attitude is passed on to its customers through the use of re-usable bags for all purchases.
• Shopping at a farmers market just got greener. Maximuck's Farm Market in Doylestown takes green a shade deeper. On top of providing farm fresh hydroponically grown produce, fresh flowers, meat and dairy, Maximuck's Market is completely run by solar energy! Stop in for hard-to-find products like hydroponic lettuce, glass bottle milk, gluten-free treats and Maximuck's famous birdfeed.
- Skin n Tonic Girlfriends Retreat
• It is easy being green! Love the earth and love yourself while relaxing with a treatment at Skin ‘n Tonic. This organically focused spa, salon and medspa offers luxurious body treatments, massages, facials, hairstyling and more using all-natural ingredients. It's good for you and the environment!
• See tomorrow's green technology today at Silver Lake Nature Center, where they are building one of the first zero-carbon houses on the East Coast! The Earthship is constructed completely from recycled materials, produces its own heat, recycles its own waste and gathers its own water. Silver Lake also hosts its annual Green Fest celebration on the first Saturday in October.
• What better way to spend an eco-friendly afternoon than biking your way through the scenic streets of Bucks County. Encore Rides offers guided bike tours for different rider-levels. (If you're really advanced, then work with the Encore Rides team to customize your own tour!) Pick one of three different tours: Circuit de Castle around Henry Mercer's old homestead, Tombstone Tour around the 160 year old cemetery honoring Civil War veterans and the Cycle and Sip tour to Crossing Vineyards and Winery.
- 1740 House
• Looking for a greener place to stay? HollyHedge Estate is elegant and eco-friendly. The popular destination has converted its swimming pool to a beautiful naturalized pond, repurposed old planters to grow fresh, organic food for its restaurant, installed solar panels and builds with only sustainable, minimally processed materials. If HollyHedge doesn't have any rooms available, book a stay at 1740 House, its sister location in Lumberville.
• Comfort Inn & Suites Quakertown is the only Bucks County hotel to earn a GreenLeaders mark on TripAdvisor. Energy-efficient light bulps and appliances, strong recycling programs and water-efficient faucets are among the many eco-friendly practices that give the Comfort Inn its green marks.