NAMASTE YOUR WAY THROUGH BUCKS COUNTY
Attention yogis! September is National Yoga Month and Bucks County has plenty of ways for you to celebrate, stretch and meditate. Learn about the health benefits of yoga and inspire a healthy lifestyle through local classes and other special events. Namaste!
• September 20 and 27, October 4 and 25 and November 1, Wine Tasting and Yoga - Whether you're a beginner or advanced yogi, enjoy a one hour vinyasa yoga Class at Crossing Vineyards and Winery. Then, savor a private tasting of the winery's award-winning wines paired with cheeses, cured meats and chocolates. Reserve your spot today!
• Weekly on Wednesdays, Yoga at the Pearl S. Buck House & Historic Site - Clear your mind as you tone your body on the 68-acre estate of Nobel and Pulitzer-Prize winning author, Pearl Buck! Work to improve flexibility, balance and posture while relieving anxiety and stress. Then, learn more about the intact collection and circa 1825 farmhouse.
• September 19 (Rain Date, September 20), Yoga in the Park - Join the folks at Tyler State Park for a morning of friends, yoga and vendors! Meet in the park's Maze Picnic Area for a one-hour Hatha Yoga Class, perfect for all ages and skill levels. Then, visit local vendors and enter a free raffle. Just bring your mat, water bottle and smile!
• Every Thursday, Yoga at Silver Lake Nature Center - Improve breathing, flexibility and relaxation surrounded by 468 acres of playgrounds, picnicking, hiking, boating and fishing at Silver Lake Nature Center. This ongoing class is great for all ages and abilities, but be sure to check out the special class just for scouts on the same night.
• September 20, 3rd Annual Healthy Living Festival - Come together with the community to learn about sustainable, healthy choices at Tamanend Park. Sample delicious and wholesome organic food. Try an imaginative yoga journey led by Yoga Friends. Experience a fun session for families and kids ages four to 10.
• Fridays September 25 through October 16, Storytime Nature Yoga - Join the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania for a four-week session of special kid-friendly yoga and explore movement through nature-focused stories and songs. Be ready to stretch and learn some fun poses with your little one. Bring a Yoga mat, or towel. If the weather permits, the class will be held outdoors!
• Thursday afternoons through October 1, Lower Makefield Township Farmers Market - Enjoy a fun, outdoor family yoga class designed to get you and your loved ones stretching, breathing and playing together! No experience is necessary. You can bring a mat or towel, or just feel the grass between your toes.
Want to keep the practice going? Various yoga classes are offered throughout the year at these great Bucks County spots: