Grab the wheel and coast through 10 of Bucks County’s 12 remaining covered bridges. Step back in time on this scenic covered bridge tour with 19th century bridges ranging from 56 feet to 150 feet long. Circling through beautiful Bucks County, the tour is planned so you can start at any one of the notable bridges.
Photos of Cabin Run Covered Bridge (above) and Frankenfield Covered Bridge (right), courtesy of Reflections by Ruth.
Located on Covered Bridge Road in Plumstead Township, the Cabin Run Covered Bridge was built in 1871 and crosses Cabin Run Creek. The creek, so named for its early …more »
Located on Giegel Hill Road in Tinicum Township, Erwinna Bridge was built in 1832 and crosses the Lodi Creek. The shortest bridge in Bucks County is noted for its …more »
Built in 1872, the Frankenfield Covered Bridge crosses Tinicum Creek only two miles upstream from where the creek flows into the Delaware River. This bridge is one of the …more »
Located in Springtown Township, Knecht’s Covered Bridge is on Knecht Bridge Road, which is a right or left turn off Slifer Valley Road, depending on how you approach. Built …more »
Located on Wismer Road in Plumstead Township the Loux Covered Bridge was constructed of Hemlock in 1874. Both the Cabin Run Covered Bridge and the Loux Covered Bridge cross …more »
On Blooming Glen Road in East Rockhill Township near Perkasie, PA. Built in 1874 and one of two covered bridges in Perkasie, Mood’s Covered Bridge crosses one of the …more »
At the intersection of New Britain Borough, New Britain Township and Doylestown Township, Pine Valley Covered Bridge crosses Pine Run on Old Iron Hill Road. Because of its …more »
Mean's Ford Bridge is a boxed Howe pony truss bridge spanning Tohickon Creek in Ralph Stover State Park was built the 1860s; rehabilitated 1993. Once a common feature of the …more »
Originally built in 1873, this bridge was destroyed by fire in 1991. With the help of local citizens, the bridge was rebuilt in 1997 to the specifications of the original, …more »