- All Things to Do
- Attractions & Tours
- Arts & Culture
- Aviation/Hot Air Balloons
- Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Libraries & Learning Centers
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Outdoor Recreation
- Religious Shrines & Churches
Rose Bank Winery
Located in the heart of historic Bucks County, Rose Bank Winery in Newtown started out as the In & Out Winery. The Fleming family bought the vineyard, consisting of a manor house and several buildings, in 2001 and changed the name to reflect its history.
The land, called the Rose Bank Estates, was a William Penn tract given to one of his daughters. The Fleming family built a new tasting room and wine-making facility called the Vintner's Ballroom & Loft.
Rose Bank's French-American hybrid and viniferous grape varieties make crisp, fruity, French-style wines for every palate.
DID YOU KNOW?
• The tasting barn was originally a horse and sheep barn and Southdown Babydoll sheep still graze on the property today. In 2002, half of the historic wooden structure was struck by lightning and burned to the ground. The family rebuilt and added a new landscaped patio.
• The manor house, built in 1719, was made of dressed stone and is one of only 25 built in Bucks County. A carriage house was added in 1720.
• In 2012, the Flemings built the Rose Ballroom to host weddings and larger parties. The winery's production line and lab is now located below the ballroom.
SEASONAL AND MOST POPULAR WINES
Rose Bank Winery is known for its award-winning fruit and dessert wines like Raspberry Secret with a hint of chocolate, Cappavino for coffee-lovers and Chocolate Orange Port that's reminiscent of chocolate orange candies.
Open: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
TASTINGS AND TOURS
Tastings cost $6 per person, but you'll receive that back with $30 in wine purchases.
Besides hosting special events, Rose Bank Winery also participates in Bucks County Wine Trail activities.