101 Ways to Fall for Bucks County
There are countless ways to connect with loved ones and capture a #BucksCountyMoment during autumn in Bucks County. Since there are so many ways to enjoy the fall season and foliage, you'll definitely want to check these 101 ideas off your Bucks County bucket list!
- Kids' Castle
- Pine Valley Covered Bridge
- Become the king or queen of the castle at one of the world's most unique playgrounds, kid's castle in Doylestown.
- Stroll among the larger than life scarecrows on display throughout Peddler’s Village during the Annual Scarecrow Competition!
- Indulge in a glass of seasonal wine at one of the wineries along the Bucks County Wine Trail.
- Take to the skies and experience an aerial view of Bucks County’s fall foliage with the US Hot Air Balloon Team.
- Indulge in a blissful night at the Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm and then pamper yourself with a spa day in the privacy of your own suite.
- Admire and photograph the changing of the seasons through some of Bucks County's greatest architecture at one of the covered bridges along the self-guided Covered Bridge Driving Tour.
- Catch a show at the Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope on the same stage where Grace Kelly, Robert Redford and more got their start.
- Learn about colonial history at William Penn's former estate, Pennsbury Manor.
- Let the kids light up their world with the Lite Brite board at the Bucks County Children's Museum.
- Taste a wide assortment of pumpkin beers and food at Doylestown Brewing Company in the heart of town.
- Hot air balloon over New Hope
- Washington Crossing Historic Park
12. Enjoy a spooky haunted Halloween train ride through scenic Bucks County on the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad.
13. Take a wagon ride to pick your own perfect pumpkin at Shady Brook Farm.
15. Take a tour of Henry Mercer's quirky former home, Fonthill Castle. Ask to climb the winding stairs to the top for a unique view of the spectacularly colorful leaf-covered grounds!
16. Wander through colonial-era buildings at Washington Crossing Historic Park, the very site where Washington crossed the Delaware in 1776.
17. Pack a picnic and enjoy the peaceful views at Peace Valley Park.
18. Browse more than 50,000 early-American artifacts at the Mercer Museum.
19. View new and familiar photographs through the impressive lens of famous photographer Steve McCurry during an exhibit at the James A. Michener Art Museum.
20. Watch the Delaware River flow beneath you from the New Hope-Lambertville Bridge. (Hint: You can stand in two states at once in the middle of the bridge!)
- Table Games at PARX Casino
- Moravian Pottery & Tile Works
21. Shop your heart out at Rice's Country Market.
23. Watch a one-of-a-kind spectacular production at Bristol Riverside Theatre.
24. Pick up an ornate, handmade tile at Moravian Pottery & Tile Works in Doylestown.
25. Get a taste of real Louisiana-style Creole food inside a renovated 125-year-old stone church at New Hope's Marsha Brown Restaurant.
26. Spook yourself into the Halloween spirit by trying to contact the supernatural ghost that reportedly lives in Room Six of the Logan Inn in New Hope.
27. Treat yourself to a romantic escape at the Inn at Bowman’s Hill in New Hope. (Tip:Try the English Breakfast - you won’t regret it!)
28. Dance the night away at PARX 360 in PARX Casino.
29. Test your bravery on a Ghost Tour of New Hope.
30. Check out Bucks County’s top 10 places to catch Pokemon!
- Marsha Brown Restaurant
- Inn at Bowmans Hill
31. Mosey through the colorful, bustling streets of New Hope.
32. Grab your pole and head down to one of these fishing holes!
34. Visit one of Bucks County's beautiful shrines to get in touch with your spiritual side.
35. Take a tour of the Pearl S. Buck House to learn more about the Pulitzer and Nobel prize-winning author.
38. See the leaves change in a unique way: horseback riding along beautiful Bucks County trails with Haycock Stables.
39. Pick up something pumpkin shaped, or flavored, at Skip's Candy Corner!
40. Join M.O.M.'s; Maxwell's on Main for a refreshing brew at lunch.
- Pearl Buck House
- Byers' Choice
41. Celebrate Christmas year-round at Byers' Choice in Chalfont.
42. Watch the world's leading manufacturer of handbells in action at Malmark.
43. Reach for new heights at Sky Zone, an indoor trampoline park.
44. Climb your way to a new adventure at Doylestown Rock Gym.
46. Head to one of Bucks County's top fall festivals and events.
47. Follow Bucks County's Ale Trail and discover established and start-up brewpubs.
49. Find locally-grown ingredients at many Bucks County farmers markets.
50. Indulge in deep fried mac and cheese at Havana Restaurant and Bar in New Hope.
- Night at Washington House
- Doylestown shopping
51. Bowl a strike at Brunswick Zone XL during a late game of midnight bowling.
52. Dig in to the most important meal of the day: BRUNCH!
53. Grab a bag of your favorite flavor at Bucks County Biscotti's charming farm-stand in Hilltown.
54. Rock out with an upbeat show at Sellersville Theater.
55. Have a delicious date night at The Washington House Restaurant.
56. Snap a picture of a fall at one of Bucks County's most "instagrammable" spots.
57. Plan a romantic getaway at 1740 House in one of their scenic waterfront rooms.
58. Leap and jump at BounceU's glow-in-the-dark Cosmic Bounce on Tuesdays.
59. Visit the serene 9-11 Memorial Garden of Reflection.
60. Explore the Mansions Along the Delaware on a group tour.
- Dad's Hat Pennsylvania Rye Whiskey
- 1740 House
62. Distill Bucks County's Past with two locally-owned and operated distilleries.
63. Dine on a delectable Italian dish at Bella Tori at the Mansion.
64. Try one of the Black Bass Hotel's unique "From the Candy Shop" cocktails.
66. Uncover the suspect at one of Fisher's Tudor House monthly murder mystery dinners.
67. Let the little ones play on Giggleberry Mountain at Giggleberry Fair and then ride the 1922 Grand Carousel!
68. Start your morning with breakfast and tea at The Talking Teacup in their kitchen garden.
69. Have a drink at The Raven during a Piano Bar session.
70. Unwind and enjoy a pumpkin spice coffee or tea in the trendy atmosphere at The Zen Den.
- The Count's Halloween Spooktacular at Sesame Place
- Giggleberry Fair
71. Hop on a bus to tour and taste an assortment of seasonal beer and wine at Buck County's local wineries or breweries through tastings & tours.
73. Be spooked at The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular at Sesame Place.
74. Step back in time at the Village Renaissance Faire.
75. Make your way to Core Creek Park to witness the Bucks County Dragon Boat Festival.
76. Explore the darker side of Bucks County during one of the many haunted hayrides in the area such as Valley of Fear's Original Haunted Hayride in the woods.
77. Take in the fresh and crisp autumn temps as you bike along the Delaware Riverfront.
78. Pick your own apples or participate in a pie-eating contest during the Apple Festival at Peddler’s Village.
79. Explore the rich cultural and artistic tradition that has inspired playwrights, craftsmen, authors and thinkers by traveling the Bucks County 'Genius Belt.'
- Village Renaissance Faire
- Peddler's Village Apple Festival
81. Take in the sights of 150 exhibitors at the Doylestown Arts Festival.
82. It’s football season! Catch your favorite team play the big game at one of these Bucks County sports spots.
83. Tempt your taste buds with gourmet olive oils and balsamic vinegars at The Tubby Olive.
84. Stay warm and cozy as you enjoy the ambiance of the colonial King George II Inn.
85. Buy early Christmas gifts for the family at Monkey’s Uncle in Doylestown.
86. Put your skills and wits to the test at one of these escape rooms.
87. Grab a delectable lunch at Empanada Mama.
89. View the gorgeous fall foliage at ground level with a scenic drive along River Road/Route 32.
92. Bring a hammer and strike the rocks at geologic phenomenon Ringing Rocks Park and see what happens!
93. Relax your mind, body and soul with a perfectly planned retreat.
94. Turn your shopping trip into an experience at some of these unique stores and boutiques.
95. Create the perfect date night at one of these live music hot spots.
97. For a bird’s eye view of the county, climb to the top of Bowman’s Hill Tower.
98. Get lost in Froehlich’s Farm’s three-acre corn maze!
99. View the beautiful fall foliage at Ralph Stover State Park.
100. Indulge in fall with freshly baked pies from Golden Eagle Diner and Bakery.