- Outdoor Recreation
- Religious Shrines & Churches
- Special Offers
Free Things to Do
Save your money and enjoy some frugal fun in Bucks County! Venture through grand museums for a dash of history and experience the family-friendly festivities scattered throughout the county. No need to spend an arm and a leg when Bucks County offers visitors an abundance of free fun!
PARKS AND MUSEUMS
• Explore historic Bucks County at Washington Crossing Historic Park! Walk on the same ground as General George Washington and his Continental Army before they set sail across the Delaware River for their midnight crossing in December, 1776.
• Let your little princes and princesses run wild at the eight-story Kids Castle in Doylestown Central Park. Your little ones will be grinning from ear-to-ear with the fun amenities offered featuring a twisty slide, tree house, barnyard, amphitheater and toddler promenade. It's a child's ultimate playground!
• Celebrate Christmas year-round at the Byers' Choice Gift Emporium in Chalfont. Known for their famous Carolers®, Byers' Choice has created a winter wonderland in their Emporium, with a recreated Victorian London street and Christmas Museum. Watch as Byers' team of artisans brings these handcrafted figurines to life. The grounds are also home to magnificent landscaping, including a traditional English sunken garden.
• Pay homage to the fallen victims and heroes of September 11th at the 9/11 Memorial Garden of Reflection in Yardley. View the Tribute Flag that once flew over the crash sites as it waves proudly, surrounded by the expansive Oak Garden-a powerful symbol of strength and endurance.
• Celebrate Bucks County agriculture at Shady Brook Farm. Get revved up at one of the Tuesday night car cruises. Be sure to come back for the annual Santa Claus landing event in November!
• Appreciate locally handcrafted works at the annual Bucks County Quilt show at the Bucks County Visitor Center in Bensalem. More than 100 uniquely themed designs are stitched with dedication. The Visitor Center is also home to a rotating art exhibit featuring local painters and photographers, as well as the "Creative Bucks County" exhibit where visitors can discover the county's leading cultural figures.
• Window shop at the in charming boutiques of Peddler's Village. This 18th century inspired outdoor shopping village features more than 60 specialty shops and restaurants on the 42-acre grounds. Peddler's Village also hosts seasonal festivals like the annual Strawberry Festival, a fun-filled weekend of food and entertainment on the Village grounds.
SCENIC BUCKS COUNTY
• Uncover Bucks County's hidden gems with a Covered Bridge Tour! Each of the counties 12 remaining bridges from Cabin Run Covered Bridge in Plumstead to Schofield Ford Covered Bridge in Newtown are unique, containing signature features and rich histories dating back to the 19th century. A covered bridge tour is a great way to view Bucks County's fantastic fall foliage!
• Take a stroll through the idyllic boroughs of Bucks County. Doylestown, Newtown and New Hope offer visitors a visually appealing environment filled with quaint shops, popular landmarks and friendly faces.
• Pack up the car and take a leisurely cruise through the scenic countryside to discover unique treasures! The Heritage Conservancy's Barn Voyage! Self-Guided Driving Tour takes you past more tahn 15 beautiful, rustic barns that pepper Central and Upper Bucks County's rolling hills and winding back roads.
• Enjoy a picnic lunch in one of Bucks County's expansive parks! Work up an appetite with a hike at Core Creek Park or a bike ride along the water in Delaware Canal State Park before rolling out the picnic blanket in the park!
For more free things to do, check out our calendar of events!