- Covered Bridges
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Free Things To Do
A weekend away with your best girlfriends might be just what you need. The peaceful serenity of beautiful Bucks County is the perfect place to escape and enjoy time with the girls. Whether you love being pampered, exploring the great outdoors or just want to have fun, here are three trip ideas for a fun-filled weekend in Bucks County:
• Prepare for a day of relaxation and pampering at the Skin ‘n Tonic day spa. Enjoy being treated like royalty with the "Queen for a Day" package, including a full body massage, facial, manicure, pedicure and a blowout. Then enjoy an afternoon of retail therapy exploring the Village's more than 70 specialty stores and boutiques.
• Once you've worked up an appetite, take a short drive east for some Creole comfort food at Marsha Brown. Dine beneath the stained glass windows, 40-foot ceilings and a gorgeous wall mural at this beautifully renovated stone church along New Hope's Main Street. Treat yourself to one of their unique cocktails, like the chocolate-covered raspberry martini, or dig into a decadent dessert, like Marsha's famous pecan pie.
• You and your girlfriends are guaranteed to have sweet dreams when you rest your head at the luxurious Inn at Bowman's Hill. Stay in the lavish two-bedroom Regal Tower Suite and be sure to add on a relaxing en-suite massage. In the next morning, enjoy a delicious traditional English breakfast, prepared just for you with fresh local ingredients.
• Let the current be your guide on a trip down the Delaware River with Bucks County River Country or Delaware River Tubing. Tube, kayak, canoe or raft your way through the scenic countryside on a two-, three- or four-hour journey on the Delaware.
• Let your dreams take flight on a thrilling ride with the U.S. Hot Air Balloon Team. Experience Bucks County from high above as you float above New hope, Lahaska, Doylestown, Holicong and the rolling hills of Bucks County. After your flight touches down, you and your girlfriends will be treated to champagne and hors d'oeuvres.
• After a day of exciting fun, catch some z's in one of Nockamixon State Park's rustic cabins. You and the girls will love being surrounded by nature as you drift off into a good night's sleep. In the morning, enjoy a leisurely hike through the park or stop by Lake Nockamixon for some fishing or a peaceful boat ride.
GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN
• Take in the scenery as you drive along the Bucks County Wine Trail. Take a tour of the expansive vineyards and taste some of Bucks County's best wines as you learn about the rich history of each family-owned winery. Let someone else do the driving and hop on the Tasting and Tours bus for a carefree day of wine tasting.
• After a full day traveling through Bucks County, prepare for a night of fun at Parx Casino, the largest gaming complex in Pennsylvania. Try your luck on one of the slot machines, or put on your poker face in the state-of-the-art poker room. With the casino's many dining options, you and your girls can grab a bite to eat without missing out on the fun.
• Rest up at the conveniently located Crowne Plaza Philadelphia Bucks County Hotel. Take the shuttle bus from Parx Casino and it will whisk you away to the hotel for a good night's sleep. Enjoy a relaxing dip in the indoor pool or reenergize in the fully-equipped fitness room.